Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ignorant Paypal, Chargeback dispute.

Well a update on this situation i've found out that whats happened is that the buyer filed a chargeback because he was double charged by paypal or by paypal+ the system the buyer purchased through so he thought that the quickest way to get his money back would be a chargeback, Im expecting about $3200 from the web designers, $2700 to cover chargeback and $500 for my self, but they seem to have stopped responding so far, so im emailing them everyday and checking their DP account for last active.

But i have contacted my bank who have said that i cant get a overdraft, i've got into about -30 once but the next day i had a payment into my bank account which covered that so i should be fine but i will be monitornig my bank every day.

And yes working in the webmaster industry you get to learn these things

Paypal decieded to ring me today to see if i could pay the money back and ofcourse I said no because I dont have the money anymore, and i explained the whole situation because it was quite obvious that they had not bothered to read any of my notes i included in the chargeback and told them that i was actually planning on emailing them today to let them know what was going on. So here it a copy of the email sent:

Regarding:
    Case no.
    Buyer's name:
    Buyer's email:
    Transaction ID:

Transaction date:
    Transaction amount: -$2,665.00 USD
    Case no.:
    Your transaction ID:

Hello
    Paypal has today rang me asking if i can pay this money back soon. The simple answer is no because I dont have any money. I said to the person on the phone that I would be emailing paypal today to explain the reason behind all of this.

First of all it is quite clear from my self that Paypal decieded to not bother to read nay of my notes i added on the dispute which could of possibly saved alot of time and hastle. So it seems I have to explain everything here.

I am quite simply the middleman on this transaction and you can read more of the job here:[url=http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=2363449#post17150487]US/UK Verified Paypal Users - Constant Work - Instant Cash[/url] . I have already done 2 invoices for this person on this job and the first one was disputed because paypal and/or the web designers system had double charged him, so he thought that it would be easier and quicker if he did a chargeback on paypal. This is the only reason why there was a chargeback.

I had finally got to know this because i was contacting this person on Digitalpoint everyday as well as emailing him:
    [email]ar@gurilla.net[/email]
    [email]bbatolx@yahoo.com[/email]
    (I included these 2 emails into the chargeback notes if you bothered to read)

I have also been into contact with Rachel Kwan who is Gnet (Ahson Rafiq)'s Personal Assistant who contacted me on MSN to say that she had spoken with Ralf Williams about this and that he was double charged she told me that she would get the payment of $2665 authorised to send me to cover the chargeback. Since then I have no longer had contact the last contact was 2/1/12, Here is her email if you wish to contact her your self: [email]rachelkwanst@live.com[/email]
    I myself have been contacted them every day just to see if there are any emails and will be also included them into this emailing as well.

So at the moment it's best you do some more investigations into this because it is quite obvious you have not, I will also continue to try and get in contact with these people.

Regards

Hey guys

Just a question or so , if i do get a phone call from debt collectors do i just ell them that I do not own the debt and never have owned the debt and that if they continue to contact me i am not liable and will sue for harrasment?

Nice lil update, paypal rang me this morning and left voicemail asking me to ring them. It's obvious they havent read their emails because i sent them the email they wanted 8 days ago and i got 3 receiepts saying they've recieved it and no reply..

I had a company called "iQor" ring me earlier and i told them to ring me later cus i was busy at the time, apparently to do with my paypal account, So when they ring im going to tell them that i dont have a paypal account as im 16, and if they still dont accept that then im ganna write them a letter; [url=http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?20758]Creditors and DCAs - Letter Templates & Budget Planner[/url] letter N ,

Was just reading on this thread: [url=http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?107690-iqor-recovery-idiots]iqor recovery- idiots[/url]

Basically once a chargeback is filed it is a matter between the buyers bank (issuer) and Paypals bank (acquirer). With Visa for example the buyer has 120 to dispute a charge, the merchant has 45 days to do a rebuttal. Usually if you had a normal merchant account you'd receive a letter advising of the chargeback and evidence needed to remedy it. However here Paypal is the merchant of record so you cannot dispute the chargeback on your own behalf unfortunately. If Paypal decides to contest the chargeback and is successful the funds will be put back into their account. However the buyer can change the reason or add new information and then the issuing bank can do a pre arbitration with Visa or a second chargeback if its Mastercard. With Visa the funds stay in Paypals account and it's up to Paypal whether they return the funds to the buyer. If they don't the buyers bank then has the right to file for Visa arbitration. With Mastercard the funds are returned to the buyer and it's then up to Paypal to file for arbitration with Mastercard. The card associations usually favour the card holder unless the merchant has significant evidence and loser is on the hook for $500 in arbitration fees as well as the transaction amount. With a real merchant account you have a fair chance of disputing a chargeback however with Paypal they don't have to do a damn thing to dispute it as they can just hit the seller with the chargeback cost. The basic problem is Paypal give you a quasi merchant account without going through all the checks and balances of a real one.
    Last edited by justif01; 02-02-2012 at 07:20 AM. Reason: add

RING YOU BANK, CANCEL THE DIRECT DEBIT FOR PAYPAL. AKS YOUR BANK FOR A NEW 16 DIGIT CARD NUMBER.

That way they cant take the money back and as I read in a previous post sit back and wait it out.

The only reason the buyer filed a chargeback is becuase he probably raisd a paypal disput but it was closed in your favor becuase the item was intangible.

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by UK_InTheKnow_UK View Post
    RING YOU BANK, CANCEL THE DIRECT DEBIT FOR PAYPAL. AKS YOUR BANK FOR A NEW 16 DIGIT CARD NUMBER.

That way they cant take the money back and as I read in a previous post sit back and wait it out.

The only reason the buyer filed a chargeback is becuase he probably raisd a paypal disput but it was closed in your favor becuase the item was intangible.

Hope this helps.
    Hiya

Well the cards that's on paypal's system has expired anyway so impossible to take money via the card, they've sent my details to debt collectors and so im sending them this letter tommorow :

I ACKNOWLEDGE NO DEBT TO YOUR COMPANY NOR ANY COMPANY YOU PURPORT TO REPRESENT

Dear Mental Defectives,

REF:

You have contacted me regarding the account with the above reference number, which you claim is owed by myself.

I would point out that I have no knowledge of any such debt being owed to Paypal.

I am familiar with the Office of Fair Trading debt collection Guidance which states that it unfair to send demands for payment to an individual when it is uncertain that they are the debtor in question.

As I have no knowledge of this alleged debt, I demand that you prove your entitlement to enforce it. No further correspondence will be entered into unless you can prove that this alleged debt exists, and that I am indeed the debtor.

As your phone call to me on 02/02/2012 was a automatic message, this as you should know is illegal and is against all good practice of companies.

Should you fail to comply with my demand for proof, the matter will be brought to the attention of my own local Trading Standards department, as well as the one in your local area.

As you have demanded money with no proof of entitlement, you can regard this letter as the initiation of a formal complaint. I therefore request a copy of your official complaints procedure which you are legally obliged to supply. Should you fail to satisfy this complaint, it will be escalated to the Financial Ombudsman Service.

Should you be unable to provide proof that this alleged debt is genuine, then you are in breach of the Data Protection Act 1998 and must cease processing my data immediately. Failure to comply with this will result in a complaint to the Information Commissioner and may result in court action.

Also, note that while the account relating to the reference number above remains in strong dispute, you are not allowed to pass it on to any third party. Should you do so, further complaints will be made to the relevant authorities outlined above.

I look forward to your reply that this matter is now closed and that you have totally removed my data from your system.

Yours Faithfully,

Just an update

I had iQor ring me and the guy sounded indian , and i said that i dont have a paypal account as im 16 and never purchased anything either. he said he's removed all my details from the account aswell as mobile number and address, and that it would go back to paypal to decide. so hopfully they'll just ban the account tbh, if they send my details again i'll just send out the letter above.

MagicM Guest

Have iQor or Paypal got back to you? Could you keep me updated cause im going through the same thing with paypal.