Thread: how do paypal link accounts?

L.M Guest

Default how do paypal link accounts?

hi all,

I had my paypal account limited a month ago and after speaking to someone it was reinstated. So I've been using it again and now they've limited it without appeal, they wouldn't explain why...nice.

So my sister has offered to set up a paypal/ebay account for me to use. I mainly buy on ebay but do sell odd bits around the house.

I don't live with my sister so our addresses aren't connected, other than i get most of my stuff delivered there. But i don't think they look at other delivery addresses.

I use the ebay app on my phone almost every day, constantly shopping.
    If i load up her account onto my iphone app will paypal link the phone?

i never set up paypal mobile payments, but i did register my phone number to my account which is now limited without appeal.

I know that they check IP addresses so i won't be able to check ebay at work, or at my home. I really need to be able to use it on my phone or there's no point in opening her an account.

Any reponses on how paypal link accounts is appreciated

Thanks,

Lauren

They will be able to link it. I don't know how they do it but they do.

Your smart phone has an IP address just like your computer, laptop or tablet.
    Being that you are using the same phone number and delivery address for purchases it's not going to be hard for Paypal/ebay to figure it out.

You can get a new IP address or second IP address for your smartphone and only access your account through the the new IP address. No idea of how to do that but that's why there is Google.

Check out the free eBook on this site as well it has a chapter called "Understanding how eBay and Paypal detect your creation of multiple accounts"

Either do it ALL in your sisters name or don't bother. Paypal will link it together.

How?

IP address
    Home address
    Shipping address
    Last Name
    Phone number
    Bank account Number
    SSN (in the US)
    email address
    cc number

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Yesenian View Post