Thread: Can PayPal really do this sh*t?

hugh71158 Guest

Default Can PayPal really do this sh*t?

Here is my tale of woe.

I sell a camera Sunday night for $790. Monday lunchtime I FedEx the camera to the buyer. Two hours later he messages me to say that he doesn't want it anymore as something has come up. He writes: DO NOT SHIP!

Too late, it's already gone, and isn't a winning ebay bid a binding agreement?

Anyway, he accuses me of maybe scamming him since I probably hadn't shipped it that quickly, then he demands in several messages that I refund his money immediately.

Wednesday: He refuses to take delivery of the item from FedEx, promptly opens a complaint saying he does not have the item, and within 5 hours has a FULL REFUND!!!

Really????? That's all you have to do??? So I can buy ANYTHING that I want from bay, and simply refuse shipping - and Paypal will happily send the money back?

Oh, and because of the shipping cost and inconvenience PayPal gave me $50. So they think I deserve some money, but they don't thing he has done anything wrong.

Then he sends me a smug message about how easily he got his money back, as he knew he would.

MORONS!!!!!

Sorry guys, I sold in good faith, and I am so disappointed in this system.

Hugh

That is paypal for you. It sucks what they did to you.

Here you are a good seller and ship out the product all ready the next day and you still get screwed.

THere are way too many loopholes with paypal and ebay.

And to answer your question "isn't a winning ebay bid a binding agreement?" I got this from ebays website:

As a general rule, you can't retract or cancel a bid. Once you place a bid, you agree to pay for the item if you're the winning bidder. However, honest mistakes sometimes occur.

If you want to retract a bid:
    Review the conditions and time restrictions for canceling a bid.
    If you feel you have a valid reason for canceling a bid, fill out the Bid Retractions form.
    If you want to cancel a Best Offer, use the Best Offer Cancellation form.
    If you won an item and you no longer want to buy it, you need to contact the seller.

A bid on eBay is considered a contract, and you're obligated to purchase the item.

usgaeu11 Guest

Default Buyer canceled payment after receiving item!

Please help! similar problem: What should I do? About a year ago i filed a claim with paypal because a buyer canceled their payment once i had shipped their item WITH a tracking number. Paypal denied me and coverage and i lost $300 and the item. Paypal says that the buyer was hacked and someone used their account to purchase my item. Well then why am i not covered? About 3 months later after talking to their terrible customer service and getting no help i gave up.. i am mad still and want justice. Is there a way to contact paypals upper management and avoid the lower level scum? By the way. I sent in over 10 different files and screenshots to paypal of my conversation with the buyer, shipping, and other evidence)

Quote Originally Posted by usgaeu11 View Post
    Please help! similar problem: What should I do? About a year ago i filed a claim with paypal because a buyer canceled their payment once i had shipped their item WITH a tracking number. Paypal denied me and coverage and i lost $300 and the item. Paypal says that the buyer was hacked and someone used their account to purchase my item. Well then why am i not covered? About 3 months later after talking to their terrible customer service and getting no help i gave up.. i am mad still and want justice. Is there a way to contact paypals upper management and avoid the lower level scum? By the way. I sent in over 10 different files and screenshots to paypal of my conversation with the buyer, shipping, and other evidence)
    You're not going to be able to do anything if this was a year ago... Not timely at all. Plus, the PP account was hacked so the address you shipped to was likely unconfirmed. You have to ship only to confirmed addresses. It's basically like a chargeback on a credit card. The seller is responsible to verify the info.

[URL="http://www.paypalsucks.com/newforums/ebay-paypal-accounts-sale-verified-sellers/96929-ebay-accounts-sale-paypal-accounts-vccs-vbas.html"]Premium USA Ebay Accounts for Sale[/URL]

Please email your purchase inquiry: [email]StealthEBandPP@gmail.com[/email]