Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Buyer keeps item and received refund

Definitely stop using Paypal, I wouldn't say Paypal themselves are thieves or crooks, but they are definitely helping them while hurting their other users. There are many other ways online to send money, Paypal is only getting worse while it is becoming accepted more often. Best of luck to you.

Quote Originally Posted by firestarian View Post
    Definitely stop using Paypal, I wouldn't say Paypal themselves are thieves or crooks, but they are definitely helping them while hurting their other users. There are many other ways online to send money, Paypal is only getting worse while it is becoming accepted more often. Best of luck to you.
    Very well said. PayPal may not be the absolute root of all evil here, but they definitely turn a blind eye to it. Hopefully they get their act together and live up to their potential.
    Earn money for chatting with other people. [url]http://www.diskussable.com[/url]

The best way to never be scammed by Paypal ever again is to sell on Amazon. Amazon is the better service anyway, and their customer service is amazing. Very helpful. I have never had any issues with them.

Quote Originally Posted by MadHot View Post
    Items sent to 'customers' that have tracking, only to have paypal say the itmes were not received. "Customers" kept my items which include several hundred dollar speakers and paypal gave them their money back. A second time this happened. I ebayed a smartphone , $600 value, only to have paypal do the same thing. I just want my items or money back. Paypal... @#$% you! Your thieves, liars and cheaters!
    That is quite a loss, my condolence for the loss of funds and so on, there isn't a whole lot you can do sadly, there is unfortunately a part in their TOS that basically says that they can do what they want with your account when they want.

You need to make sure to read the rules before you list an item ebay, especially a high dollar item. If you didn't use signature confirmation, then you are pretty much screwed.Just chalk if up to paying for an education. If you did, you need to be persistent with Paypal, calling many times if necessary. I once had a signature confirmation, and the scammer tried to pull an item not received. The customer had picked it up from the Fed Ex office, so it was showing a different zip code than his address. I had to make repeated calls to paypal until I finally got someone to understand that the nearest Fed Ex office was in a different zip code, and they released my money.

PayPal is always biased to the buyers. Sellers have no protection with PayPal and Ebay. It is a terrible experience.

I always wondered about this with paypal's policies, how could they really prove that a buyer didn't actually receive an item? But they just assume that the buyer is right and the seller is wrong. There's a serious flaw with that. You should fight with paypal and show them the tracking number and hope they believe that, but they might still be providing the money to the buyer in case the item was swiped off their porch...but you shouldn't have to pay for that.

I have been reading a lot of stories about PayPal and their services and how people have been scammed. Surprisingly I have never heard that Amazon has had the same issues with its sellers and buyers.
    Professional Article Writing services at affordable prices [URL="http://www.contentneed.com"]contentneed.com[/URL]

From the sounds of things you sold the items through eBay, yes? If that's the case all you have to do is show the proper documentation from eBay and PayPal will have to honor that the items should have been returned, or the refund denied. If they don't honor that they are breaking the law and stealing from you.

That's horrible. There are so many SCAMMERS out there. They ruin the Internet for the rest of us.