Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Buyer keeps item and received refund

Quote Originally Posted by EZDoesIT7 View Post
    I believe this is one of those "$250 and over" scams used by eBay scammers who leverage PayPal. I believe that if you were to sell an item on eBay listed at $250+, you need to make sure to use signature confirmation. Otherwise, PayPal will side with the buyer, even if he/she has scammed you of the item. In this situation, using the delivery confirmation feature will not help you.

I always, always, ALWAYS require a signature when shipping something. I used to sell books thru ebay alot...and even if the book was 2.00...I would require a signature when the book arrived. It's the safest way to protect yourself against scammers who say they never received something.

It's unfortunate that PayPal sides with criminals in a lot of these cases. I've heard so many horror stories from people who've gone through the exact same situation as you. I'm now convinced to never sell any item worth over $100 using Ebay or PayPal. There's way to much risk involved and I much prefer using Craiglist and getting paid with cash.
    [URL="http://dollarblab.com"]dollarBLAB[/URL] | A blog about how to make money online

That is awful. I don't know how they can justify letting you get robbed of that much money and product! You should definitely have gotten the items back, or you shouldn't have had to give refunds!

Quote Originally Posted by warmweatherwoman View Post
    I always, always, ALWAYS require a signature when shipping something. I used to sell books thru ebay alot...and even if the book was 2.00...I would require a signature when the book arrived. It's the safest way to protect yourself against scammers who say they never received something.
    This is a great tactic I never thought of! Thank you for posting this, when I think about it it really gives you some sort of protection against unfair individuals who want to steal your items! Thanks!
    Last edited by DomDom; 02-06-2014 at 07:17 PM.

pay pal is a scam and always has been, i do not see how people keep falling for their traps. stop using paypal and find an alternative!

can't you open a claim against them saying that they kept the money and the item?

Wow sad story. Just like mine, the seller was a fraud and didn't deliver the items. E-bay is full of crap. I hate E-bay.

I would definitely fight this. I would show them the proof that the item had gotten there and if they wont listen, I would talk to a lawyer. With the proof that the buyer got the item, there is no reason for them to receive a refund.

Man thats some bad luck. I would suggest calling Paypal and trying to explain the situation to them

Nothing new here. Another innocent seller getting ripped. I just can't wait for the day this company goes down under. They seemed so good when they started.