Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Buyer keeps item and received refund

Default Buyer keeps item and received refund

Items sent to 'customers' that have tracking, only to have paypal say the itmes were not received. "Customers" kept my items which include several hundred dollar speakers and paypal gave them their money back. A second time this happened. I ebayed a smartphone , $600 value, only to have paypal do the same thing. I just want my items or money back. Paypal... @#$% you! Your thieves, liars and cheaters!

There is this rumor that Paypal offer Seller Protection, have you heard it?
    There is zero protection for you as a seller. If anything Paypal aids in the theft from buyers. It doesn't matter that you have the tracking information. It happens everyday that sellers get ripped off even with proof in hand.

Paypal will issue a refund for the buyer even before they ship the item back so then what is the incentive for the buyer to ship the item back? None.

The best way to protect yourself from this happening again is to not use paypal ever again.

You got that right---the ONE and ONLY WAY to protect yourself from being robbed blinde is to STOP USING PAY PAL altogether! They are not providing a service to the honest folks but rather a breeding ground for schemers. They make it too easy for thieves or schemers to get a pay pal account set up shop on ebay and then let the hastle for the honest folks begin! Seller protection...MY ASS. I'm a seller, but protected NOT! I feel like I've been taken advantage of not only by the scammer that "purchased" from me and then got their money back....pay pal has froze my account, keeping my money plus I'm out what the $%&**! took from me AFTER getting my products! It worked for a while for me but now...these last several months have been HELL. Not worth it at all! Get out before they get you good Distracted!

If PayPal is only supporting the buyer and not the seller, who will their buyers buy thing through PayPal from. I think they get a huge commission from any refund that is made. I have no problem with refunds as long as the buyer gets his money and the seller gets his goods back, But if the buyer get both money and the goods, then people should just move away from PayPal and look for alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by MadHot View Post
    Items sent to 'customers' that have tracking, only to have paypal say the itmes were not received. "Customers" kept my items which include several hundred dollar speakers and paypal gave them their money back. A second time this happened. I ebayed a smartphone , $600 value, only to have paypal do the same thing. I just want my items or money back. Paypal... @#$% you! Your thieves, liars and cheaters!
    I believe this is one of those "$250 and over" scams used by eBay scammers who leverage PayPal. I believe that if you were to sell an item on eBay listed at $250+, you need to make sure to use signature confirmation. Otherwise, PayPal will side with the buyer, even if he/she has scammed you of the item. In this situation, using the delivery confirmation feature will not help you.

Quote Originally Posted by EZDoesIT7 View Post
    I believe this is one of those "$250 and over" scams used by eBay scammers who leverage PayPal. I believe that if you were to sell an item on eBay listed at $250+, you need to make sure to use signature confirmation. Otherwise, PayPal will side with the buyer, even if he/she has scammed you of the item. In this situation, using the delivery confirmation feature will not help you.
    And there you have it folks. Decent advice instead of people just blurting out Paypal sucks and that nobody should use it.
    It sucks to hear but these scams have been around since forever and if the scammers aren't using Paypal, then they're using something else. There is nothing Paypal can do.

Yeah, it might have been your own fault. Even I've heard about $250+ scammers, and I don't really deal over eBay too much. It's terrible that this has happened to you, but hopefully you've learned a lesson from this experience. Be more careful and educate yourself about dealing over eBay with PayPal, there is a lot of things to remember about that.
    “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”
    ― Bernard M. Baruch

Default PayPal Screwed You

Sounds like PayPal screwed someone once again. They always side with the buyers so it doesn't surprise me that they gave them a refund even though you didn't get your money back. They should never give anyone a refund until the item they're not happy with is returned. That would happen in the real world. PayPal lives in their own world where they make their own rules.

I have read lots of similar comments from scammed sellers, that's why they have stopped using Ebay. The only thing that can prevent this is thru bank deposit or a physical meet-up but there is also a risk in using bank deposit on the buyer's part. Oh well, Paypal should really need to stop blindly siding with the buyer.

Quote Originally Posted by EZDoesIT7 View Post
    Sadly I've used the signature authorization/confirmation and it was a 50/50 the first time it worked the second didn't this is a plus on the side of it will deter alot of people from scamming you then, and could act as decent leverage in the chargeback and also it gives peace of mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Delusional View Post
    And there you have it folks. Decent advice instead of people just blurting out Paypal sucks and that nobody should use it.
    It sucks to hear but these scams have been around since forever and if the scammers aren't using Paypal, then they're using something else. There is nothing Paypal can do.
    There are a lot of decent advice given, but yet even some of them screw people over. And it's funny you comment about you saying everyone blurts out "paypal sucks" that's true but your just like the others going "I support paypal and fight them" and its even funny when a user like me goes against your argument and you leave the "battle". If you want to keep promoting paypal that's you but since your so for paypal why not give us reasons and such when we counter argue your examples and arguments.