Thread: eBay removed negative feedback

Default eBay removed negative feedback

I hate Ebay in every way. I bought an item, it was not as described, I asked for a full refund, it was denied, seller gave me half back, I ONLY accepted because I knew I could leave negative feedback. Left negative, told seller if I got a full refund I would reverse the feedback. Now Ebay took the negative off and said I extorted feedback.

because that's exactly what is was on your part.

demanding money from the seller in exchange for a feedback reversal is extortion.

you should have taken the "normal" way:

1.item is not as described
    2. you say so and request seller to refund your money
    3. seller request's to have item returned
    4. you return and get refund

( a bit simplistic but that's the way it works )

nobody needs to agree on a partial refund - thats another scam from buyers btw.

it also would be helpful to know if it was a new item or not, how you paid for it etc.

but bottom line is: ebay considers what you did as feedback extortion.

well yeah..I wanted my money.

I did state "item not as described" and asked for a "full refund" and this was denied and I only got half back. So I did really try to do it the right way and when I was wronged I took things into my own hands.

I just wanted to get my money back.

exact thing happened to me. if they are willing to refund half then obviously they are at fault but will not admit to it.

eBay sited with the seller and to this day I paid for an item that was not as described, paid to ship it back and only got half of my money back. How is that right?

BUYER BEWARE! I learned my lesson. Purchased something on ebay for just over a hundred and I wouldn't have bought the crap that was sent to me for more than $20. Not at all as pictured or described. There are a lot of shafty people out there. I happened upon one of them and now I don't want to shop on ebay. Ebay/PayPal are so big it makes it too easy for shafty people to make money off those of us that like to believe and trust in getting what you pay for.

hmm I never had an issue with purchasing off of ebay, I thought it was kinda cool until I tried selling something! HA!!! What a joke, first of all you pay an arm and a leg (when its all said and done, its .50 here and .75 there)to put your stuff up there then you have to pray if it does sell that paypal will release your funds. NEVER again my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by batman57 View Post
    I hate Ebay in every way. I bought an item, it was not as described, I asked for a full refund, it was denied, seller gave me half back, I ONLY accepted because I knew I could leave negative feedback. Left negative, told seller if I got a full refund I would reverse the feedback. Now Ebay took the negative off and said I extorted feedback.
    I used to sell on ebay until i had 4k frozen in my account worth of sales. they asked for all of my information which i did fax and they said that they couldn’t verify my info with their "system" and they said they were gonna hold my money for like 6 months.

I think what ebay is doing to us is far worse than what you did. You were only trying to get what is rightfully yours. I would not call it extortion just an exchange program; you give me what is mine and I' ll give you yours.

Fuck ebay!