Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 LastLast

Thread: I work For PayPal

Quote Originally Posted by mikelouis View Post
    That is a PayPal sympathizer. We now that there is no a worker from PayPal will post here trying to defend the company. Well nice try but I do not buy it at all.
    I think nobody has bought it .

Quote Originally Posted by mikelouis View Post
    That is a PayPal sympathizer. We now that there is no a worker from PayPal will post here trying to defend the company. Well nice try but I do not buy it at all.
    I agree. I have no idea why a Paypal employee would bother to post here having seen how much people here despise his employers.

Quote Originally Posted by hudajuda View Post
    I work at PayPal in the fraud department. We do the best we can to try and prevent people from getting ripped off but sometimes people are just careless and hen we get blamed. Sometimes we have to limit accounts if activity looks suspicious but if you are being honest then you should be able to provide us with the documentation we require. The limitations we put on accounts are not done just for fun. PayPal is risking its own money in these transactions. If say you are selling a Rolex for $5k and have no history of sales and have entered no tracking number, why should we believe you are honest? Because you know how to use a computer? We don't know you. If the item does not get delivered PP has to pay not the thief. The most we can hope is to get the money back through a collection agency and with a suspicious ID that is pretty much impossible. The limitations are the only way PP can protect itself or the buyers. And some buyers are just plain stupid. I had an account today buying concert tickets on Craig's list from someone she did not know who had just opened a new account and was withdrawing the money right away. Maybe the seller is honest but should I let the seller withdraw the money? Would you? Of course I limited the account. We need some proof these items are getting delivered.
    I really really respect you for posting here and trying to help clear up the confusion between PayPal and customers. It should be done on the corporate level.
    Earn money for chatting with other people. [url]http://www.diskussable.com[/url]

It makes sense that paypal should keep an eye out for suspicious behaviors that would lead to their users getting ripped off. What doesn't make sense is when the freeze accounts for no reason, their customer support is difficult to deal with, and they end up screwing over a user who they were supposed to be protecting the first place. The problem is more to do with the fact that paypal doesn't actually try to interact with their users, instead using a standard script, which may not pertain to every situation. The system is easily abused by anyone who claims someone is fraud when they're not.

Quote Originally Posted by hudajuda View Post
    I work at PayPal in the fraud department. We do the best we can to try and prevent people from getting ripped off but sometimes people are just careless and hen we get blamed. Sometimes we have to limit accounts if activity looks suspicious but if you are being honest then you should be able to provide us with the documentation we require. The limitations we put on accounts are not done just for fun. PayPal is risking its own money in these transactions. If say you are selling a Rolex for $5k and have no history of sales and have entered no tracking number, why should we believe you are honest? Because you know how to use a computer? We don't know you. If the item does not get delivered PP has to pay not the thief. The most we can hope is to get the money back through a collection agency and with a suspicious ID that is pretty much impossible. The limitations are the only way PP can protect itself or the buyers. And some buyers are just plain stupid. I had an account today buying concert tickets on Craig's list from someone she did not know who had just opened a new account and was withdrawing the money right away. Maybe the seller is honest but should I let the seller withdraw the money? Would you? Of course I limited the account. We need some proof these items are getting delivered.
    Can paypal trace ip adresses im curious about that.

I actually like the fact that someone from PayPal would come in here and post to keep us updated with what they are doing. Takes a lot of guts, maybe it would be nice to have him here and ask him questions if we are having any issues.

Quote Originally Posted by icetank View Post
    Can paypal trace ip adresses im curious about that.
    Of course they can. Any site can track an IP address. They have all of your information as soon as you register on the site, the IP you registered from being one of them. They would also be able to see the IP you're using to log in with, if you sign in from different locations.

Quote Originally Posted by pr0xx1d View Post
    I really really respect you for posting here and trying to help clear up the confusion between PayPal and customers. It should be done on the corporate level.
    I can't understand why Paypal doesn't really have a person specifically for helping the many people that keep addressing the same issues on this site. If someone would actually show people that Paypal cares for their clients (and I think they actually do care - it's just that they don't know how to show it) then there wouldn't be so many unhappy PP users.

I also respect this person for stepping up and telling his side of things. Such an act deserves praises and we should encourage more of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    1st... anyone still needing their $ out of paypal, AFTER THE 180 DAY PERIOD(i know, it sucks, but you won't get it sooner...), NEEDS TO CONTACT THE BBB OF CA. it is the only way you will get your $! i did it, and it worked, and i learned it years ago, here!

next, don't listen to the shills, most don't have a clue the beast they are serving... the internet is, and ALWAYS was, A TRAP. they gave it to you, so you could make a living, and they will take it away some day.... leaving you high and dry.
    This does work. The BBB will fight viciously for anyone that has been wronged by PayPal or eBay. Love them.
    Earn money for chatting with other people. [url]http://www.diskussable.com[/url]

Paypal fucking takes your hard earned money and wont give it to you. YOu have to be the bank and pay money for shipping and wait a month to get paid for all the expenses you have put up. FUCK you paypal and your idiotic policies