Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: I work For PayPal

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default I work For PayPal

I work at PayPal in the fraud department. We do the best we can to try and prevent people from getting ripped off but sometimes people are just careless and hen we get blamed. Sometimes we have to limit accounts if activity looks suspicious but if you are being honest then you should be able to provide us with the documentation we require. The limitations we put on accounts are not done just for fun. PayPal is risking its own money in these transactions. If say you are selling a Rolex for $5k and have no history of sales and have entered no tracking number, why should we believe you are honest? Because you know how to use a computer? We don't know you. If the item does not get delivered PP has to pay not the thief. The most we can hope is to get the money back through a collection agency and with a suspicious ID that is pretty much impossible. The limitations are the only way PP can protect itself or the buyers. And some buyers are just plain stupid. I had an account today buying concert tickets on Craig's list from someone she did not know who had just opened a new account and was withdrawing the money right away. Maybe the seller is honest but should I let the seller withdraw the money? Would you? Of course I limited the account. We need some proof these items are getting delivered.

Interesting that someone who works for PayPal has the nerve to post in a PAYPAL SUCKS forum. Yea, yea, yea...you are only trying to make sure nobody gets ripped off by scam artists...yada yada yada. How is it that your site is filled with them? Maybe ya'll should invest a little time and effort into your site sellers to ensure they are legit before they are scamming people on your site. I think your mega business is too damn big for its own good allowing the regular, honest joe to get burned BIG TIME. Maybe you need to get back to work on helping some poor bloke who was just scammed retrieve his money in a timely fashion rather than make claims in a forum that ya'll are just doing your best at doing right by your customers....MY ASS.

Unregistered Guest

Thumbs down too right frikkin SCAB DO ONE THE NERVE SUMS U SHOWERS UP

[QUOTE=Chevyman801;109403]Interesting that someone who works for PayPal has the nerve to post in a PAYPAL SUCKS forum. Yea, yea, yea...you are only trying to make sure nobody gets ripped off by scam artists...yada yada yada. How is it that your site is filled with them? Maybe ya'll should invest a little time and effort into your site sellers to ensure they are legit before they are scamming people on your site. I think your mega business is too damn big for its own good allowing the regular, honest joe to get burned BIG TIME. Maybe you need to get back to work on helping some poor bloke who was just scammed retrieve his money in a timely fashion rather than make claims in a forum

FREAKING SCAB DO ONE THE NERVE SUMS U SHOWERS UP HOPE YOU LOSE A HAND THATS WHAT THEY DO IN TURKEY FOR STEALING OF THE COMMON MAN U DISGUST ME !!

Kim Langer Guest

If you really work for Paypal then can you help me unlimit my account? It was limited for reasons unknown and I have $240 in that account that I desperately need. Just let me know what information you need.

Unregistered Guest

Default your all stupid if you think pp is protecting you!

Ive been selling several years on ebay, me and wife changed cell providers and sold our almost new phones on ebay. First sold no hangups, second sold and about a week later buyer disputed and said it was an unauthorized transaction,, really theres ppl that stupid among us. Pp ruled for me almost instantly, next day he files dispute saying he never got it,, yep we really do have stupid all around us , the shipping label was printed thru them with signature conf. Pp pulled shipping and theres his signature. Rule for me again. 3 days later disputes again saying phones broke, pp says they wont allow him to do this cause hes already file two fradulent claims. Buyer files dispute with credit card company and sends me a phone back thats been broken on concrete and paypal charges back my account for the transaction. Over a months span i talked with 6 different reps with pp, 4 of whom were supervisors and every one of them promised me i was covered no matter what and if buyer did send phone back and it was damaged all i had to do was file a claim. Now they say theres no way they can help me because buyer went outside pp to resolve, but guess what, pp is the one removing the money from my account and yet they speak out of the other side of their mouth and say they ruled for me but theres nothing they can help me with. If you think pp is gonna stand behind you then all i can say is your a really nieve dumbass and youll learn the hard way. Pp lied to me period. They said I WAS COVERED!!!Dont worry about anything YOU ARE COVERED, i heard that every time i called, no matter what you are covered. The only thing im covered with is a bunch of shit that sprayed all over me every time they opened their mouth. And the dumbasses repeat the same line from their monitors that pisses me off even more. We're sorry sir but theres nothing we can do. Worst part of all, if they would have told me i wasnt covered all i had to do was refuse the package and the buyer couldnt get a refund.

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Kim Langer View Post
    If you really work for Paypal then can you help me unlimit my account? It was limited for reasons unknown and I have $240 in that account that I desperately need. Just let me know what information you need.
    He is not going to help you he probably don't even work for paypal and is just a shill for them.

Unregistered Guest

I just closed my Paypal account. Thank goodness. I'm really glad I did after reading all the horror stories here.

Quote Originally Posted by Chevyman801 View Post
    Interesting that someone who works for PayPal has the nerve to post in a PAYPAL SUCKS forum. Yea, yea, yea...you are only trying to make sure nobody gets ripped off by scam artists...yada yada yada. How is it that your site is filled with them? Maybe ya'll should invest a little time and effort into your site sellers to ensure they are legit before they are scamming people on your site. I think your mega business is too damn big for its own good allowing the regular, honest joe to get burned BIG TIME. Maybe you need to get back to work on helping some poor bloke who was just scammed retrieve his money in a timely fashion rather than make claims in a forum that ya'll are just doing your best at doing right by your customers....MY ASS.
    That's what I was thinking! I can't believe that that person is defending Paypal here. I wonder how they even found this site anyway. I'm surprised they don't ask for a DNA sample when they are verifying accounts!

Quote Originally Posted by Chevyman801 View Post
    Agreed, also if you are so interested in stopping fraud then why is it I always hear about cases of someone buying an item, that item being delivered but then the buyer claiming his/her money back from the seller due to its apparent non-arrival, your company is in and of itself a fraud.

Quote Originally Posted by hudajuda View Post
    I work at PayPal in the fraud department. We do the best we can to try and prevent people from getting ripped off but sometimes people are just careless and hen we get blamed. Sometimes we have to limit accounts if activity looks suspicious but if you are being honest then you should be able to provide us with the documentation we require. The limitations we put on accounts are not done just for fun. PayPal is risking its own money in these transactions. If say you are selling a Rolex for $5k and have no history of sales and have entered no tracking number, why should we believe you are honest? Because you know how to use a computer? We don't know you. If the item does not get delivered PP has to pay not the thief. The most we can hope is to get the money back through a collection agency and with a suspicious ID that is pretty much impossible. The limitations are the only way PP can protect itself or the buyers. And some buyers are just plain stupid. I had an account today buying concert tickets on Craig's list from someone she did not know who had just opened a new account and was withdrawing the money right away. Maybe the seller is honest but should I let the seller withdraw the money? Would you? Of course I limited the account. We need some proof these items are getting delivered.
    Its a shame that as a seller, you provide USPS tracking the buyer got it and yet you still side with the buyer 99% of the time? You put on a fake front when your a buyer, but once your a seller, you really see how PayPal works... Who are you kidding?