Thread: Amounts "Pending"..What Do You Think?

Caro9911 Guest

Default Amounts "Pending"..What Do You Think?

This is more a general question, but from reading on here I thought I'd better ask before phoning Paypal myself!

My account is Paypal Premier (Verified), the default currency is USD. It means my account is split into USD/GBP/Euro. Stupidly I've paid for a few items at UK online stores and not realised that when the GBP amount is depleted, the UK stores won't take my Paypal funds, and instead try to take from my credit card. Think it's called an e-check/cheque.

My credit card is still in use, up-to-date and valid, only I haven't set up Paypal fully to take funds as a back-up. On the "To Do" list it says "Confirm my debit or credit card" and "Complete bank set-up".

So I have three transactions at the moment, one "Pending", one "Cancelled" and one from a month or so ago which I just noticed, previously "Pending"..now "Expired". (I assume those are all e-checks/cheques). It appears all three transactions have deducted from my Paypal Balance total. Each transaction is for pretty small amounts, less than 40.

I've phoned all the vendors separately; the "Cancelled" one says my funds should reappear in around 10 days; the "Pending" one said I may have to contact Paypal and they have no say over what happens. The "Expired" is from over a month ago; it used to be "Pending" (the transaction was for 22 and the retailer said the funds would reappear for me, I assumed it had until I looked through History).

I often log-in from my girlfriend's computer, or my own, just wondering as I read in the .pdf that logging in from different ISPs can trigger problems with Paypal; but it's only these two places generally. Often I get ebay or Paypal-bought things sent to her address as I won't be at home, sometimes items are sent to me.

Will I be okay phoning Paypal customer service? All the horror stories on here have got me afraid to contact them! Thanks.
    Last edited by Caro9911; 03-17-2012 at 05:05 PM.

wow buddy sounds like your in a pickle. I'd say go ahead and TRY to contact them, not that it's every helped me any... maybe you'll have better luck.

Helpful contact information for people being abused by paypal in the UK

08707/ 307 191 (UK Calling Rates Apply -- OPTION "1" for Customer Service)

0870/730-7191 (UK Calling Rates Apply)

0208/ 6053000 (Landline Phone Number)

020/8605 3001 (UK FAX -- UK Calling Rates Apply)

[email]ppelc@paypal.co.uk[/email] (PayPal Office of Executive Escalations UK)

Contact them via mail:

PayPal Europe Ltd, Hotham House, 1 Heron Square, Richmond upon Thames, Surrey, TW9 1EJ

PayPal Europe S.a.r.l. & Cie, S.C.A., 5th Floor 22-24, Boulevard Royal L-2449, Luxembourg

eBay (UK) LTD,
    P.O. Box 9473
    Dublin 15
    Ireland

PayPal Managing Director, David Graham Clarke, 3 Woodside Road, New Malton, Surrey, KT3 3AH

Best of luck to you

Caro9911 Guest

Thanks for the replies, both of you

I should point out I'm not limited or suspended.....I wasn't sure which forum section to put this in, just asking for advice about the Pending/echeck transactions which are at different stages. Paypal seem very random about which accounts they limit or nuke and I don't want to risk losing my money.

Sounds like their customer service is as random as my ISP's!! Hope not!

Quote Originally Posted by Caro9911 View Post
    I often log-in from my girlfriend's computer, or my own, just wondering as I read in the .pdf that logging in from different ISPs can trigger problems with Paypal; but it's only these two places generally. Often I get ebay or Paypal-bought things sent to her address as I won't be at home, sometimes items are sent to me.
    I got my paypal account limited for using different computers to log in and I just read another post on the forum about someone getting their account frozen for having it shipped to a different address other then the one they have listed with their account. There are literally hundreds of reasons your account can get shut down or limited and what you just mentioned are two of them. Paypal says they do it to protect you but they conveniently collect interest on your money while they are holding your money for your protection.