Thread: Beware Paypal uses call center in philipines

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Travelerdenied Guest

Default Beware Paypal uses call center in philipines

After having my account limited, because I tried to make a payment of $21 while on vacation my account was limited and screwed up. After Calling paypal in nebraska I got an agent whom I found out was not actually paypal but a call center in the Philippines, After have my account limited for "my security" I found out the jerks have outsourced my private and personal information to some call center in the Philippines. Paypal has completely misrepresented itself, and in their so called quest to for "security" has completely jeopardized my personal and financial information, to some unknown company in a foreign country without my knowledge by masquerading as a Nebraska phone number!

wow that was information I was hoping to never hear; My financial information floating around in the Philippines. It does however explain the lack of service and total ignorance and lack of interest in resolving any issues us customers have.

damn that sucks.

Per one of PayPal's websites: "With PayPal, you’re protected from checkout to delivery. We spot problems before they happen with the latest anti-fraud technology. Your financial info is never given away to sellers. And if something goes wrong with your order, your eligible transactions will be fully reimbursed." Yeah, RIGHT...NOT! With PayPal the risks a seller takes just keep getting bigger and riskier.

abriellejacobs Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Travelerdenied View Post
    After having my account limited, because I tried to make a payment of $21 while on vacation my account was limited and screwed up. After Calling paypal in nebraska I got an agent whom I found out was not actually paypal but a call center in the Philippines, After have my account limited for "my security" I found out the jerks have outsourced my private and personal information to some call center in the Philippines. Paypal has completely misrepresented itself, and in their so called quest to for "security" has completely jeopardized my personal and financial information, to some unknown company in a foreign country without my knowledge by masquerading as a Nebraska phone number!
    thanks for sharing your exp. i am or might be will do deal with philipines but now i would like to stay away from that mathod.

tnaks for sharing..

I just read about someone getting their account "hacked" by someone in the Philippines. Makes you wonder how safe our personal and private information really is?

Instead of helping us with their problems they are helping themselves to our bank and paypal accounts taking our money

The call center in the Philippines is notorious for being able to do just slightly more than you can. With that being said, getting a North American agent isn't that hard, you just have to ask & you will be sent to tier 2 tech support.
    [URL="http://www.paypalsucks.com/newforums/ebay-paypal-accounts-sale/99209-us-ebay-paypal-gmail-accounts-sale.html"]US Based Verified eBay PayPal & Gmail Accounts For Sale[/URL]

Within the UK, all calls are handled by their offices in Ireland. I do remember listening to people in Asia several years ago though.