Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How to spot a scammer!

Exclamation How to spot a scammer!

SPOT A SCAMMER!

I am Tired of Getting Constantly Ripped Off On These Boards. So in my personal opinion, here is a Basic Rule Of Thumb to Buy Safely in these forum:

Anyone listing accounts on other then the Verified Sellers Section, Beware! Anyone can make up a fake name and continually resell over and over, using different names (aka All Philippine Sellers)! The Verified Sellers Section is your best bet, but is Not Guaranteed.

1 - Look to see how long they have been been selling accounts;
    2 - Look to see if they have any Positive Feedbacks;
    3 - Never send a payment more then what you can afford to lose.

Anyone that has a Payment Method of PayPal, Amazon, or Moneypak, are your Best Bet Not To Get Ripped Off!

Remember, sometimes it does take the legit verified sellers time to process your order. Remember, they need time to get the phone number, cc, and then transfer money and all of that. If anyone expects accounts the next day, get real. Give them time. Stop and see how long it takes you to open a verified account up. It doesn't happen overnight...

IN MY OPINION THE BIGGEST SCAMMERS - PERIOD ARE:

Any Seller That Accepts A Payment Method You Never Heard of Before in the USA is (99.999999%) A Scammer:

Moneygram
    Xoom
    Western Union
    Bank Transfer

They have no concept into how the USA buyers send their money. Outside USA, all they know is what they can get their hands on like Western Union, Moneygram, etc... So that is your very first tipoff...

Anyone Selling from the Philippines IS A 99.99999% Scammer - Period! They have a office that constantly opens new names and accounts on these boards over and over. So remember, look for how long they have been selling honestly. You will not find a single one more then a week or so opened...

On these boards, Philippine sellers have the longest history of being the major rip off's on these forums! Hate to say it, but I have never encountered a single honest seller from there! If you buy from them, do not expect anything they promise!

If you get ripped off on these boards, Post It Right Away in the Thread and Scammers Forum! If you don't, they'll continue to rip more people off. They prey on buyers here to keep quiet so their scam can continue on the boards! Do Not Be Silent. No one knows who you are except the Scammers!

If you are thinking about buying, give it some time and monitor them. Honest sellers will get more feedback over time and will not disappear. If you are the first to buy an account on a new posting, chances are you'll be the first one to get ripped off. But give it time and only buy one to start. If they deliver, buy slow and don't go for the grand slam right away (unless your willing to part with your money).

Follow these little rules of thumbs and you should be fine. Sorry, but I can Not Guarantee all, but felt like I need to inform new readers of the Philippine Scammers sucking money from buyers on these boards.

PM message me if you like! Hope my information helps keep you with your hard earned money!

Default I do not agree

I have to disagree with your advices. From my experience, many so called reputable sellers become one day a ripper.

The example of Ultimate_Paypal_Ebay is a good one in the verified seller section.
    He used to deliver and answer promptly, and now he is gone and scammed a lot of people who thought he was legit.

The technique here is to get the trust from the customers. You behave like an honest seller for some time to get sales and then you disappear with the money a lot of people sent to you.

This son of bitch will probably come back with another nickname and will do this scam again.
    And as this forum is not moderated, he will probably succeed in coning a lot of people for a lot of money again.

Red face Disagree With Ya

Quote Originally Posted by dr.mabuse.phd View Post
    I have to disagree with your advices. From my experience, many so called reputable sellers become one day a ripper.

The example of Ultimate_Paypal_Ebay is a good one in the verified seller section.
    He used to deliver and answer promptly, and now he is gone and scammed a lot of people who thought he was legit.

The technique here is to get the trust from the customers. You behave like an honest seller for some time to get sales and then you disappear with the money a lot of people sent to you.

This son of bitch will probably come back with another nickname and will do this scam again.
    And as this forum is not moderated, he will probably succeed in coning a lot of people for a lot of money again.

Hello. I have to partially disagree with you...

I also purchased a bulk of 5 accounts from them about 3-4 weeks ago. I did get 2 of the 5 accounts 2 days ago, so they are a legit seller. Everytime I contacted them, they answered me back right away...

Now one thing that I see is that everyone expects their accounts right away. Well, I ask you or anyone to open up 1 verified account and see how long it takes. Now do that for say 5 different accounts? Remember, it takes times to get a new CC, phone, Accounts, etc, and everyone thinks it only takes minutes or hours. Now multiply that by say 4 or 5 orders that size...

Not only that, but maybe they have a family, job, kids, life, etc, so are they suppose to stop their everyday life? I'm sure they do not do this full time and the only thing going on in their life... Be patient and understanding and maybe people will get farther in life then always complaining right away.

Now I have patience and understand and message them. I'm sure they have daily issues they have to deal with... But like me, I was patient and understanding and never complained because where that really get you? Does anyone get motivation if you get harsh emails or more of the understanding side? Everyone in life has unexpected things pop up, so if you keep that in mind and be patient, everything will pan out.

I'm a war vet and lived many years outside the US. American lives are more fast paced and expect everything right away, with little patience nor understanding about anyone but themselves. They care only about themselves and don't consider the other party...

Just like when my neice died by a stray bullet (and on CNN TV) in the country... She was just married and just had a baby but didn't even get to experience her 1st birthday or xmas... So after the funeral, I went out and got drunk... Do you think the cops or judge cared? No. They only wanted the money for the cities budget, but didn't care one bit why I did it... Only one train of thought and not caring about anyone but themselves...

Nothing is perfect, but your chances are better by following them then newbies... This is no fool proof way in anything in life... Only trying to put the odds more in your favor...

A lot of scammers operate like a Ponzi scheme. They build trust by doing some legit orders so they can get a handful of clients/orders. Then they split with your money. So be careful and check out a seller's credentials.

[URL="http://www.paypalsucks.com/newforums/ebay-paypal-accounts-sale-verified-sellers/96929-ebay-accounts-sale-paypal-accounts-vccs-vbas.html"]Premium USA Ebay Accounts for Sale[/URL]

Please email your purchase inquiry: [email]StealthEBandPP@gmail.com[/email]

2wisted Guest

Default Is this guy okay does anyone know??

Has anyone dealt with august?
    His ID on here is "august"

Wondering if he is legit to buy an account from.... it is an australian ebay ID, will it be okay to use in Canada??

Thanks!

Default 99.9999999 % fraud rate if you are dealing with a Philippine seller

sad but true.

I do live in the Philippines - i am not Filipino - and life here is great. If you have enough money. Most people here do not- so they scam. By any means without so much as a single thought who or how or where. It is simply a way of surviving. Since even something as simple as scamming people is not available to most poor people here it is run by a few who take advantage of many.

I have to say - and i does hurt me a bit - that scamfinder is right. If it comes out of the Philippines you should not be careful, you should avoid it. If there is any kind of payment required before any goods , whatever they may be, are delivered - most likely you will be scammed.

I make a decent living by selling something a lot of ebay sellers need and is so easily done from here - and there is no chance that anyone can scam.

Thumbs up Philippines Scammer Contact Information

If anyone else was scammed by the lady in the Philippines and would like her name, real address and various telephone numbers, Private Message me.

To newbies on these boards, be careful who you deal with. Their is someone from the Philippines who always creates new accounts here and goes by many different names. So be careful! They do this as their full time job... Yeah - a full time person from the Philippines who scams as many people as she can out of your money.

This posting is not a fool-proof way, but never buy more then 1 account on your 1st purchase. Have people earn your trust! If you want to buy many accounts, go slow and see if they even deliver 1 to you before you plunk down lots of money. Its a shame that even here on a great informative site, that we have to deal with Full Time Scammers; but they are here.

Mostly her because this is her only way she knows to make money and a living... And she thinks since she's not in the US like most of us on these board, that she is untouchable... She must have forgot that she gave me her Manila bank information on a none paid money transfer...

But I have started to get someone from Manila that will help me out... So the couple of bucks (50) extra out of my pocket to help burn her, will be well worth it... Manila newspapers, local and country police, and even her internet provider will be informed of her International Fraud... No one wants to be associated with being told of a International Fraud scam and who specifically they are, and do nothing.... It will make them look like they are involved or covering them up if they don't do or say anything...
    Last edited by QuietOne; 12-31-2011 at 02:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by QuietOne View Post
    If anyone else was scammed by the lady in the Philippines and would like her name, real address and various telephone numbers, Private Message me.

To newbies on these boards, be careful who you deal with. Their is someone from the Philippines who always creates new accounts here and goes by many different names. So be careful! They do this as their full time job... Yeah - a full time person from the Philippines who scams as many people as she can out of your money.

This posting is not a fool-proof way, but never buy more then 1 account on your 1st purchase. Have people earn your trust! If you want to buy many accounts, go slow and see if they even deliver 1 to you before you plunk down lots of money. Its a shame that even here on a great informative site, that we have to deal with Full Time Scammers; but they are here.

Mostly her because this is her only way she knows to make money and a living... And she thinks since she's not in the US like most of us on these board, that she is untouchable... She must have forgot that she gave me her Manila bank information on a none paid money transfer...

But I have started to get someone from Manila that will help me out... So the couple of bucks (50) extra out of my pocket to help burn her, will be well worth it... Manila newspapers, local and country police, and even her internet provider will be informed of her International Fraud... No one wants to be associated with being told of a International Fraud scam and who specifically they are, and do nothing.... It will make them look like they are involved or covering them up if they don't do or say anything...
    I check every thread that is created so don't work with people that only PM you. Make sure they have a sales thread. I'll pretty much announce what country the OP is from. I also feel that I'm pretty good at spotting VPNs/Proxies/VPSs...

[URL="http://www.paypalsucks.com/newforums/ebay-paypal-accounts-sale-verified-sellers/96929-ebay-accounts-sale-paypal-accounts-vccs-vbas.html"]Premium USA Ebay Accounts for Sale[/URL]

Default the sad thing is that they actually don't need to scam

Especially in Manila you can find a gazillion Chinese vendors. They all sell the China made crap everyone is selling on eBay. And they sell it cheap.
    Most items you can find on alibaba & co you can get here. Same price or sometimes even cheaper without the MOQ's.

So why scam people? Just being lazy or don't know how to get started ?
    I don't really know.

Look for yourself , guy's. Check it out:

Put keywords in the google search bar like

999 mall manila / 168 mall manila / divisoria manila / carriedo manila / tutuban manila / greenhills manila

Shipping from here is also an easy thing to do - the postal service doesn't care at all what you ship and DHL / Fedex is okay as long as you don't ship drugs or guns.....

There are a few sellers on ebay dot ph that have nice accounts and sell stuff to the US or worldwide. So it works. No need to scam.
    They put a lot of effort into the scamming - what a waste !

If you do get scammed by someone here in Manila and you want to get something done about it - let me know. As long as you have a name and address.......

Quote Originally Posted by thefeedbackman View Post

If you do get scammed by someone here in Manila and you want to get something done about it - let me know. As long as you have a name and address.......
    Haha.. Are you offering a strong-arm service in the Philippines? How much do you $charge and how much do you bench press?