Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Requirements to work for Paypal?

Quote Originally Posted by getupstandup View Post
    Where does Paypal find all these nasty people to work for them? Requirements are obviously rude, threatening, unwillingness to help, total lack of compassion for peoples livelihood being on the line. Is there a bonus program for the employee that "steels" the most from us unsuspecting users?
    I just don't get it. No other company could do what paypal does and still be in business.
    I used to work as a representative for paypal... I would say that i am rude to a person if he is rude. They are blaming directly the representatives with the problem they have on their account. It is really stupid for a customer to blame the rep because he forgot he password or he cant add his bank account or he cant send payment (when he doesn't have available balance)... PU-LEASE! dont blame us for your stupidities and ignorance. But on the other hand for instances like account being place on limitation or payment being held i would say that i really feel for the customer...we just dont have the option to help them... we can just use the script paypal has given us.
    [url=http://www.sprinklesshop.co.uk/]sprinkles[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by mynameisblank View Post
    I used to work as a representative for paypal... I would say that i am rude to a person if he is rude. They are blaming directly the representatives with the problem they have on their account. It is really stupid for a customer to blame the rep because he forgot he password or he cant add his bank account or he cant send payment (when he doesn't have available balance)... PU-LEASE! dont blame us for your stupidities and ignorance. But on the other hand for instances like account being place on limitation or payment being held i would say that i really feel for the customer...we just dont have the option to help them... we can just use the script paypal has given us.
    I hear you, I work in customer service as well (not Paypal) and when someone starts off a call by yelling at you for "what you did" there is not much desire to help them. I most certainly can see their frustration but I DIDN'T DO IT, I AM HERE TO HELP YOU but there is only so much I can do.

Quote Originally Posted by loosers69OMG View Post
    I hear you, I work in customer service as well (not Paypal) and when someone starts off a call by yelling at you for "what you did" there is not much desire to help them. I most certainly can see their frustration but I DIDN'T DO IT, I AM HERE TO HELP YOU but there is only so much I can do.
    You coined it man! I just have a big problem about this thread. It seems that they are blaming the customer service representatives who are just basically front liner of the business. They or we (should I say) are just doing our job. There are certain things that we can not do you have to understand that fact. It is not our rule nor our procedure...it is the company's. It is just like asking a singer to do a breakdance and if he can not do it you will get mad....do you think that is fair?
    [url=http://www.sprinklesshop.co.uk/]sprinkles[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by loosers69OMG View Post
    Understood ... but, as Customer Service reps shouldn't you be trained to dissipate that "hot" situation? I work in an IT help desk setting, and once I hear yelling from the customer's end, I speak calmly and a tad softer to calm the mad individual. It works for me and my customers.

BTW, what kind of customer service training did you receive at PayPal?

Maybe most of the employees are relatives, investors, stockholders and shareholders, other huge companies who live to gain from innocent customers, and other people who have a financial interest on these companies. It's a pretty sad world we live in especially since most of the people who own big corporations are to greedy to even care about their customers. That's why we should look for alternatives and other small businesses run by honest individuals.

I'll bet it would be rough to work for PayPal. Who would want to hear all of that complaining all day? And even when you believe the person and know they are right, there is really nothing that you can do, ya know? We would all probably change our attitudes after doing that five days a week.

Quote Originally Posted by elle_kay View Post
    I'll bet it would be rough to work for PayPal. Who would want to hear all of that complaining all day? And even when you believe the person and know they are right, there is really nothing that you can do, ya know? We would all probably change our attitudes after doing that five days a week.
    I completely agree. Millions of users use Paypal and a lot (read: A LOT) of them aren't the brightest on the planet. I couldn't stand getting calls all day from people who think they wrote the law on digital banks.

Quote Originally Posted by Delusional View Post
    I completely agree. Millions of users use Paypal and a lot (read: A LOT) of them aren't the brightest on the planet. I couldn't stand getting calls all day from people who think they wrote the law on digital banks.
    Its hard work but its what you signed up for! If you signed a contract you should do what you were meant to do, that means giving adequate help which PayPal unfortunately does not.

Quote Originally Posted by Delusional View Post
    But it's there job, they knew what they were getting into. It's like getting a transcribing job for a company who tells you that you're transcribing horrible audio then complain the whole time how bad it is and refute or become sour over it even though your were told it. Do you do that with your job? Say oh even though this was what your job was told you still complain and be rude to others or whatever?

Yeah, that's true.

Honestly, my conversations with people from PayPal haven't been too bad. As I said in another thread, it was a bit difficult to understand some of them, but they've all been nice enough to me. But, I don't call raising you-know-what, either; I always try to remain calm.