Thread: Can frozen Paypal account affect merchant account?

Smile Can frozen Paypal account affect merchant account?

I was thinking about getting a merchant account but am unsure if my frozen pp account will affect my approval for a merchant account? All I want is to do is accept online payments and receive my money. WHY IS THAT SUCH A HARD TO UNDERSTAND CONCEPT FOR PAYPAL? How would I get my money after a sale using a merchant account? Need help asap

Default How you get your money

After being screwed around by Paypal for a long time with no end in sight I dumped them (they kept my money) and moved on to a merchant account. I now get the money from my sales directly into my bank account. What a relief this has been for me. NO MORE FROZEN FUNDS

Quote Originally Posted by Ezaynoway View Post
    I was thinking about getting a merchant account but am unsure if my frozen pp account will affect my approval for a merchant account? All I want is to do is accept online payments and receive my money. WHY IS THAT SUCH A HARD TO UNDERSTAND CONCEPT FOR PAYPAL? How would I get my money after a sale using a merchant account? Need help asap
    You should have no probelm getting aproved for an account, my hubby wubby and I were in the same frozen pp account boat and we were able to get a fully funcstional merchatn account

Paypal is not FDIC insured and does not have to follow and federal banking regulations both of which applies to a merchant account.

So whatever your standing is with paypal it does not have any impact on you getting a merchant account.

Wow, this is definately good to know. I pay my bills keeping all my status current, house, car etc..so when PP decided to hold my funds for an undisclosed period of time and in my frustrating dealings with the customer service I want to throw my hands up in the air and just walk away. I mean, If they are that desperate to hold my money, I don't want to continue with them once they figure out whatever it is so they can release my money. I've been so tempted to just say skrew it and walk away but I don't want a black mark on my credit standing or have them hinder my opportunity to process with someone else, someone I can trust.

Learning that being done wrong by PP and being able to walk away brightens my day. In the long run "what goes around comes around" I am sure their time is coming around.

datingforum Guest

Default Can frozen Paypal account affect merchant acc

I heard that with HSBC you can open an account anywhere in the world and have free access to it from any HSBC agency. Perhaps one could open a HSBC account in London and attach that account to PayPal for withdrawal and access that account from an HSBC agency in Peru.

paypal does not have a leg to stand on. they are nothing but a bunch of crooks praying on people trying to make an extra buck to make ends meet.

They hold your money, give your money away, give your product away and somehow get away with it.

They are not regulated and therefor, not a real banking institution and won't affect your chances with a merchant account.