Thread: Paypal ChargedBack HELP!

2rare Guest

Exclamation Paypal ChargedBack HELP!

Hi I recently sold some online/virtual goods to someone via MSN.
    The deal went through and I gave the virtual good and he gave money. Total of $90.

Then I decided to close the account (To Prevent charge backs), before that I sent the $90 to main paypal account. After a few hours, I look at my email and I got an email saying someone claimed a unauthorized dispute (the chargebacker/scammer) and it said login to report a dispute.

BUT I CANT LOGIN IN THE LOGIN IN THE ACCOUNT SINCE I CLOSED IT FOR THIS VERY REASON!
    ALSO WHEN I SENT THE MONEY TO MAIN ACCOUNT, I ALREADY SPENDED IT ON MY PERSONAL GOODS (some ps3 stuff and educational stuff)!

I am freaking out, and dont know what to do. I already spent the money! HE IS A SCAMMER!

note: i forgot to take any evidence of this deal happening, so now i am asking MSN to give me a conversation history.

BTW: Still freaking out!!

What do I DO!?>? I closed account, but still got an email!!!

Default RE:Chargeback help

Theres not much you can do about that chargeback but since it was virtual goods at least you didn't lose anything but time.I really hate to say this but paypal would be right to go after you for the moneyback . chargebacks are somthing every seller and business deals with and if you even suspected that a chargeback would happen you should have never completed the transaction.by the way if you don't mind me askingwhat were you selling

Unregistered Guest

A little insight..... Chargebacks are done through banks and Disputes are done through paypal. If you got a chargeback it was because the buyer actually went to their bank and stated you 'stiffed' them.

Read Paypals user agreement, they are not responsible for things that are not tangible. IE virtual goods.

mordisk Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    A little insight..... Chargebacks are done through banks and Disputes are done through paypal. If you got a chargeback it was because the buyer actually went to their bank and stated you 'stiffed' them.

Read Paypals user agreement, they are not responsible for things that are not tangible. IE virtual goods.
    So With that said if you buy something virtual and you get scammed, you asked for a chargeback paypal will say sorry, you shouldve read our user agreement ?