Thread: Best way to use eBay is not to bid on anything!

Unregistered Guest

Angry Best way to use eBay is not to bid on anything!

eBay's entire bidding system is a scam. I've been a member there for three years but, to date, everything I ever bought was as 'buy it now' prices, but I decided to try to bid on a few things. What I found was astonishing.

What kind of assholes would allow a bidder's maximum bid to be made public? All this does is give a bona-fide way for sellers to screw you out of a fair auction. For example, you place a maximum bid of $100 on an item that has a current bid of $50, the top bid is yours, and is listed as $51.00.

However, if someone else comes into bid, the first thing they see under the current $51.00 bid is "enter more than $100". What the hell is with that crap? So, if you are a seller, you simply go in at the last minute and enter a $99 bid to screw the buyer out of a fair deal.

I'll never bid on eBay again, and nobody else should either.

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    eBay's entire bidding system is a scam. I've been a member there for three years but, to date, everything I ever bought was as 'buy it now' prices, but I decided to try to bid on a few things. What I found was astonishing.

What kind of assholes would allow a bidder's maximum bid to be made public? All this does is give a bona-fide way for sellers to screw you out of a fair auction. For example, you place a maximum bid of $100 on an item that has a current bid of $50, the top bid is yours, and is listed as $51.00.

However, if someone else comes into bid, the first thing they see under the current $51.00 bid is "enter more than $100". What the hell is with that crap? So, if you are a seller, you simply go in at the last minute and enter a $99 bid to screw the buyer out of a fair deal.

I'll never bid on eBay again, and nobody else should either.
    no the seller doesn't know what your max bid is the part that says enter more than $100 is only visible for you to see.

Unregistered Guest

no the seller doesn't know what your max bid is the part that says enter more than $100 is only visible for you to see.
    What prevents the seller from using a different account (for example, a family member's account) to see this amount?

Shondra Guest

Default This happened to me!!!

This senario happened to me. i went online to purchase Universal studios tickets. What started out as a great deal turned into a nightmare. The bidding started at 5 dollars. Everytime I bid, it said i had been outbid, until the price was driven up past 100 dollars for the ticket. Not a deal at all since i can purchase a ticket there with florida rates for less.

Unregistered Guest

What prevents the seller from using a different account (for example, a family member's account) to see this amount?
    only you see nobody else (can you see what others max bid is?)

even if they made another account they can't see anything