Thread: Looking for Payment Solution

samueli Guest

Default Looking for Payment Solution

I am starting a website in which most of stuff I would be selling would cost between 1 to 20 dollars. Most of the payment solution charge a lot on transaction fees. As I would be selling a product for 1 dollars, and end up getting only a fraction of 1 dollar. Similar is the case of other products. Is there a payment solution which does not charge a fixed amount on each transaction.

Unregistered Guest

Default If you find one, please let me know!

My PayPal account was frozen, and I have been searching for SEVERAL MONTHS to find an alternative payment acceptance service.

There are hundreds out there, but I have encountered major snags with every one I've tried to sign up with. The "alternative to PayPal" (merchantinc.com) promoted on this website is no good (to me, and to most people in the world) since it only accepts accounts from US residents with US bank accounts. If I had those, there would be no problem anyway. But I am in Europe (and thanks to the US's absurd anti-terrorist laws and the Patriot Act, it is now hugely problematic for overseas companies and individuals to set up banking ands other financial services in the US).

Many of the companies I've tried to open accounts with only accept US businesses. Others (eg, Ogone) require you to find your own merchant account. Others (eg, AlertPay) require all kinds of private and business information (eg, documentation of previous 6mths business history) UN ADDITION to requiring you to offer a full UNCONDITIONAL refund guarantee to dissatisfied customers (in the business I'm in, where the download is provided within 24 hours of payment being submitted, this would be an open invitation to "buy" the product and immediately request a refund).
    Other companies (eg 2CO) have a long list of "unacceptable" services and products, which include just about everything you might want to sell online.
    ALL now require company information (ie, tax number).

It really has become very difficult for small businesses and individuals to accept payments online. This is why PayPal - despite the fact that it DOES suck - is still popular: there isn't any real alternative.

WilletPayments Guest

Default Check Out Willet!

Hi,
    You should check out [URL="http://getwillet.com"]Willet (http://getwillet.com)[/URL]. We're targetting the 5cents -> $2.99 online market right now and might be raising the $2.99 in the near future! We don't charge flat-rate fees - only 10%. ALSO, if you refer people to our service, you'll earn 5% of ALL of their sales!

Willet is definitely what you need for the < $3 market!

Unregistered Guest

You should check out Willet ([url=http://getwillet.com]Willet Inc.[/url]). We're targetting the 5cents -> $2.99 online market right now and might be raising the $2.99 in the near future! We don't charge flat-rate fees - only 10%. ALSO, if you refer people to our service, you'll earn 5% of ALL of their sales!

Default Oh, I have heard of Willet, as well

I have known someone who used Willet inc before. They didn't have any big problems to address, as far as I know. HTH.