Thread: Chargeback scam

fishersindy Guest

Default Chargeback scam

I sold an item on ebay. The EXACT same day that the item was purchased, the seller filed a claim with paypal stating that they did not recieve the item. (Obviously they aren't going to RECIEVE an item on the same day it was purchased). I provided Paypal with delivery confirmation info and the case was closed. The buyer even left me positive feedback on ebay. NOW, the buyer is claiming that they did not authorize the purchase. She (buyer) is claiming that her son used her ebay and paypal account without permission. I am in the middle of a chargeback situation. What can I do?

ppkian Guest

suck it up and refund the charge - i hate to be the bearer of bad news but the buyer has soo much more power than the seller its not even funny.refund the charge and dont ship,or paypal may limit you

Default How awful for you.

It's terrible but I agree that you have no power over the buyer.

Quote Originally Posted by fishersindy View Post
    I sold an item on ebay. The EXACT same day that the item was purchased, the seller filed a claim with paypal stating that they did not recieve the item. (Obviously they aren't going to RECIEVE an item on the same day it was purchased). I provided Paypal with delivery confirmation info and the case was closed. The buyer even left me positive feedback on ebay. NOW, the buyer is claiming that they did not authorize the purchase. She (buyer) is claiming that her son used her ebay and paypal account without permission. I am in the middle of a chargeback situation. What can I do?
    First of all you have to forget the phrase "seller Protection". It does not exist. Second you have to run, and run fast and never look back to paypal again. This is something that should be the buyers problem. Look after your kid lady! And if he used her account without permission maybe she should not give out her username and password. Just a thought. But instead it has become your problem and headache. Provide Paypal with all the information you have regarding the transaction and shipping and hope for he best.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezaynoway View Post
    First of all you have to forget the phrase "seller Protection". It does not exist. Second you have to run, and run fast and never look back to paypal again. This is something that should be the buyers problem. Look after your kid lady! And if he used her account without permission maybe she should not give out her username and password. Just a thought. But instead it has become your problem and headache. Provide Paypal with all the information you have regarding the transaction and shipping and hope for he best.
    not true. i heard a very positive statement from a Leprechaun who had problems with a flying pig he sold to a yeti. he was very satisified with paypals seller protection and recommend it highly to his friends Elvis & Biggy Smalls... sellers protection pftt more like goodfella's protection

I'd refund and avoid the chargeback at all costs, they ruin your business life.