Thread: Can't withdraw or use MY own funds HELP!!!

ChaudMasterFlex Guest

Default Can't withdraw or use MY own funds HELP!!!

I have money in a Paypal account. Paypal won't let me withdraw, send, or use these funds. They are not pending, but I have reached my limit. I don't have a CC or bank account to link to it. Can Paypal really not let me have MY money? I have NO way of open/linking a bank account. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

you have to add a bank if you want to withdraw. No other way.

The Overseer Guest

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by ChaudMasterFlex View Post
    I have money in a Paypal account. Paypal won't let me withdraw, send, or use these funds. They are not pending, but I have reached my limit. I don't have a CC or bank account to link to it. Can Paypal really not let me have MY money? I have NO way of open/linking a bank account. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Absolutely correct. You must obtain a bank account and link this to your PayPal account. Do not wait. Do this as soon as possible. The quicker you act, the less chance of PayPal finding other reasons to suspend your account activity. They do this on a regular basis to earn the interest from members' accounts. Always make sure that funds are withdrawn on a regular basis. It is always better to have a nil balance and for PayPal to seek payment from your bank when you make your purchases. And yes, they really can keep hold of your money. If you are from the UK for example, you are on your own as the U.K. Financial Services Authority have NO jurisdiction over them as they are based in Luxembourg and have NO U.K. licence to operate in the U.K. In fact they have been refused a licence, but the U.K. Governments hands are tied when it comes to preventing them from trading in the U.K. over the internet.
    Last edited by Unregistered; 07-19-2011 at 08:43 AM.

Default Another option:

You might want to try getting a prepaid credit card with a credit card logo. You can link your paypal account to that. It might be less risky than using a bank account.

Default to Maximilian

Max, I have seen you suggest this as an option before. But i'm not sure this is a valid way to open an account. It seems to make sense to do this, but if it really works, why wouldn't more people try to do it?