Thread: Negative balance will Paypal access my Bank account?

udlc Guest

Unhappy Negative balance will Paypal access my Bank account?

Hello, I recently sold a computer on Ebay. I shipped it and everything was good then all of a sudden I get into my account and see a negative balance it seems the guy made a dispute claiming the computer "Not as described". I feel this is BS but fear I will proably lose the case because I have no way to prove anything it's just my word against his atm. My question is I could not remove my bank account do to the negative balance and am worried Paypal will debit withdraw the amount from my bank account if it judges in favor of the buyer. Can paypal do this? is there anything I can do to stop this? I don't even have the money anymore and I'm going to be traveling and staying out of the country for a long time this is my only way of withdrawing and depositing funds.(my bank of america account/check card) I dont even have that much money in my account($80) this would have me $350 negative balance with incurring overdraft fees etc...

So tell me if Paypal has authorization to directly withdraw funds from my bank account on profile. If so is there a way to block them through my bank account? I use bank of america.

Thanks.

anh Guest

They can't withdraw your money from your bank until you initiate it. So don't worry.
    I can also close that account and open another one.

Jordan Guest

Sorry to bump an old topic, but my account is in the negative & was wondering what you meant by you could get the account closed. How could i got about going that?

jimmyDean Guest

this is an old topic but with anything you do on paypal or ebay, make sure you have 2 accounts. your main and a "paypal" account, an account you can close at any time,one that has no money in it.

Take it as a loss, move on. make up a new throw away checking account and re-join if you want, but once money comes into to the new account ALWAY transfer it to your main account so that someone claims SNAD you won't lose funds.

departed Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyDean View Post
    this is an old topic but with anything you do on paypal or ebay, make sure you have 2 accounts. your main and a "paypal" account, an account you can close at any time,one that has no money in it.

Take it as a loss, move on. make up a new throw away checking account and re-join if you want, but once money comes into to the new account ALWAY transfer it to your main account so that someone claims SNAD you won't lose funds.
    By doing that you will be giving a very good reason to paypal to limit your account.