Thread: ANOTHER classic story about Paypal ..

NEVERusePaypal! Guest

Default ANOTHER classic story about Paypal ..

I listed a ticket for sale on ebay a few weeks back, which sold at just over 70.

The buyer paid almost immediately and I readied the respective envelop for dispatch. A few moments later however I received a message from Paypal stating that the payment was subject to a 'Payment Review' and I was instructed not to send the ticket until they had cleared the transaction. This was on the THURSDAY and the show was on the MONDAY, so there was adequate time for me to get the ticket to the buyer.

As this is going on the buyer contacted me to inform me that as far as he was concerned the payment was made and there was no meantion of any 'review' on his Paypal account.

Thursday went, and still no email from Paypal. I did however ring Paypal on several occasions (which must have cost me AT LEAST 2 each time!) They simply told me that matter was still being investigated and the matter would be sorted within 24 hours.

The buyer also phoned me at least 3 times and all I could tell him was that the matter was out of my hands, and it was PAYPAL who were the problem. He was VERY frustrated and informed me that should he not receive the tickets by the Monday morning (the day of the show) he would be leaving negative feedback (and I did not blame him)

Friday went, and still no email from Paypal. I did however ring Paypal on several occasions (which must have cost me AT LEAST 2 each time!) They simply told me that matter was still being investigated and the matter would be sorted within 24 hours.

The buyer also phoned me at least 3 times and all I could tell him was that the matter was out of my hands, and it was PAYPAL who were the problem. He was VERY frustrated and informed me that should he not receive the tickets by the Monday morning (the day of the show) he would be leaving negative feedback (and I did not blame him)

Saturday went, and still no email from Paypal. I did however ring Paypal on several occasions (which must have cost me AT LEAST 2 each time!) They simply told me that matter was still being investigated and the matter would be sorted within 24 hours.

The buyer also phoned me at least 3 times and all I could tell him was that the matter was out of my hands, and it was PAYPAL who were the problem. He was VERY frustrated and angry, especially when I told him that Paypal were still telling me not to send the ticket because it had not been 'cleared' yet.

I woke up SUNDAY morning and Paypal had finally CLEARED the payment - TOO LATE Paypal. The gig was the NEXT DAY.

The seller was in NEWCASTLE and I am in LONDON.

So, to summarise, the buyer FAILED to get the ticket, and as I did not send the ticket I was FORCED to give the guy his money back.

Paypal cost ME 70+ (I still have the WORTHLESS ticket in front of my PC here)

Paypal cost the buyer the opportunity of giving his daughter a ticket to see her favourite band.

PLUS, I got NEGATIVE feedback (after 7 years and over 200 100% positive feedbacks)

I WILL NEVER USE PAYPAL AGAIN - THIS COULD HAPPEN TO ANYONE !

Mariana Guest

Please see my new thread.
    Another reason for us to go to FSA.

I believe we will bring them down.