Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How I scammed paypal

paypalreallydoessuck Guest

Default How I scammed paypal

Hi,

I doubt this post will remain here for very long but I'm hoping that Paypal stumble across it whilst browsing through this site and I may send them a copy to have a browse through.

The main reason for this post is to explain how I a) got my money back from paypal for a scam I was subjected to, b) to try and push them to make some changes and c) to show how easy it really is.

Yes, I understand that most of the people on this site will dislike my views and give the old "your the reason we made this site blah blah" but so be it. To be honest I think drastic action is needed for them to make any changes, it's been so long and nothing seems to have changed.

It all started when I was subject to a scam involving an item sold on ebay. I sent the item happy as larry and the next day a chargeback had been initiated. I was relatively new to selling and had no idea that if I'd sent to an unverified address I wasn't covered by Paypal. You've heard it all before I know but it really was unacceptable and they even took the money from my bank to cover the negative balance!

I wanted my money back, no matter what (£500 worth) so I started investigating the scams. It turned out to be a lot easier than I first expected. Basically it goes like this:

Opened a new paypal account (they didn't even pick up on the same name & address)
    I sell an item of high value
    Someone buys it and pays via paypal
    I make sure my paypal address IS verified

Now the tricky part...

DON'T SEND IT!

...sounds to easy?

Well, as I'm verified the buyer gets their money back, takes a few weeks but they do get it all back as I made sure I was verified.

This leaves my paypal account in a negative balance.

Paypal will then try to get their money back but you just send that good old 'debt collector template letter', you know the one that asks for evidence of debt etc? Well that was over 3 years ago. Paypal stopped asking after the first letter I sent, they won't bother following it up unless its over 5K. I lost my paypal account but did I really care? Google Checkout runs rings around it in my opinion.

So, paypals negligence cost me £500, yeah so it was the scammers fault at the end of the day but paypal have a responsibility to look after us as customers and they did not want anything to do with me when I needed their assistance the most. I obviously couldn't get the money from the scammer but they should never have passed the blame onto me.

I got my £500 back doing my scam, the buyer got their money back and paypal have been left out of pocket. That works out fine by me.

I urge anyone who's been subject to a scam through paypal to take this route. Most of you won't agree and that's fine, you carry on playing by the rules and letting paypal walk all over you and govern what happens to your money but if you really want to see results you're going to have to play dirty.

The only way paypal are going to make a change is if things start getting serious, people have been complaining for years about how secure it is(n't) and nothing has changed. They clearly think very little of their customers and the only way I believe they will make changes is if their system starts becoming utterly ridiculous, they need to be forced into making a change.

Leave them out of pocket, then maybe they'll take responsibility.

geoff Guest

the problem with your scam is most people here are not a fraud like you. And you didnt scam paypal you scammed yourself. Sure if your the type of person who lives in a trailor court and drives a 1973 monte carlo has an " Ol Lady" who collects welfare and neither of you work then your in the clear. But for people who want to like own a home have a nice car and not have some sleasy debt collector calling all hours of the day this is not something they would do. This is no different as runing up a credit card and not paying it (which I am sure you have done many times) You must be black because only a brotha would live a life like this. Have fun "brother"

itscauseimsmart Guest

Good on you mate, as long as you and the buyer got your money back

pete_wilde Guest

Default But here's the problem !

The problem with your "scam" is that it requires an innocent patsy to give you money first and then hope that Paypal refunds them, which isn't always the case.

You might be verified, but Paypal has a long list of excuses as to why they can't refund some one's cash.
    e.g. Oh, you can't provide a shipping reference, you didn't select the correct ebay button, it's raining outside, etc, etc.

Sorry, but I for one who be very unhappy if I bought an item off of ebay, paid for it in good faith and then found out I had been the victim of a scam

Quote Originally Posted by geoff View Post
    the problem with your scam is most people here are not a fraud like you.
    You're the Con! Why does it upset you that this guy did this? Because it works? Because the Scammer got Scammed? Unlike you, this guy has balls, AND IS DOING WHAT EVERYONE WHO'S BEEN SCAMMED BY PAYPAL SHOULD DO!

WHAT THIS GUY DID, WORKS! I think it's worth doing if Paypal has scammed you out of your money. Here is a link to Seize and Desist letter that can be send to the collection agency should it go that far:

[url=http://credit.about.com/od/debtcollection/a/ceaseanddesist.htm]Sample Cease and Desist Letter For Debt Collectors - Stop Debt Collection Calls[/url]

geoff Guest

Quote Originally Posted by TBAGPAYPAL View Post
    You're the Con! Why does it upset you that this guy did this? Because it works? Because the Scammer got Scammed? Unlike you, this guy has balls, AND IS DOING WHAT EVERYONE WHO'S BEEN SCAMMED BY PAYPAL SHOULD DO!

WHAT THIS GUY DID, WORKS! I think it's worth doing if Paypal has scammed you out of your money. Here is a link to Seize and Desist letter that can be send to the collection agency should it go that far:

[url=http://credit.about.com/od/debtcollection/a/ceaseanddesist.htm]Sample Cease and Desist Letter For Debt Collectors - Stop Debt Collection Calls[/url]
    I know you are just a stupid nigger so allow me to let you in on a little secret, all those stupid letters do is stop them from calling you. I doubt you will ever have a real job because you are a nigger but if you had one and you owed someone money they would take it from you just like they take your coke in your getto you live in nigger

I know you are just a stupid nigger so allow me to let you in on a little secret, all those stupid letters do is stop them from calling you. I doubt you will ever have a real job because you are a nigger but if you had one and you owed someone money they would take it from you just like they take your coke in your getto you live in nigger
    Did your mom date a black man? Did your girlfriend leave your sorryass for a black man?

Thats what this guy wanted, FOR THE CALLS TO STOP! Why is that a bad thing? MISSION ACCOMPLISHED! That leaves you blowing Thiel yet again to try and make ends meet! The money will never be collected! Like you said, you win some YOU LOSE SOME! You lose!

shesaid1 Guest

Default geoff

You must be black because only a brotha would live a life like this. Have fun "brother"
    Dude you are obviously just plain racist, you could be anyone doing something like this! Go get a life you racist pig!

Gunslinger5000 Guest

Default Jew

First of all the guy is defiantly not a Nigger most black people donít even have enough basic knowledge to use a computer let alone PayPal. I encourage everyone to do this it would surely force Jewpal to change some of their corrupt and unfair polices. Also whatís 500 dollars in debit going to do to anyone? The average American household carry some $8,000 in credit card debt, shit I owe at least 50k in student loans whatís another 500 gona ? Not a damn thing.

Dealing With Dummies Guest

Default Gunslinger Is An Idiot

little penis with a gun and an iq of -.5000,

I had to laugh at your shear ignorance in your post and you spent "we the people" hard earned monies ($50,000) on an education to write let that? "we the people" should get back all the money "we the people" gave to you to better yourself, but hey TRASH is TRASH. Go hide in a hole because a trailer park would be a step-up for the likes of you. SCUM BAG RETARD

To the original poster,

One bad deeds gets a bad deed, you did just the reverse of what paypal did to you what's fair is fair........ go man go ....... let their insurance cover it "oh wait they have lots of reserve from all those sellers who's money they keep.