Thread: What happens if a seller deletes their PP account and then the buyer opens a dispute?

anephew Guest

Default What happens if a seller deletes their PP account and then the buyer opens a dispute?

a few weeks ago i finally sold an mp3 player. It was the last item i was going to sell on ebay before i deleted my account and switched to plain ol' garage selling or amazon I recieved no complaints or anything from the buyer, so I thought all was well and went ahead and deleted my paypal account. I deleted all account info (inlcuding address/phone number/cc).

But as luck would have it, i got a series of very livid and rude emails from her this weekend over a set of earphones that i specifically mentioned in the listing that were not included in the auction. (btw, the earphones are used. YUCK right?!)

So long story short, she threatened to open a dispute if i do not send her the earphones. What happens if she does open one? Will paypal take the money from my bank account since there is no paypal account to take it from?

benelli250 Guest

Default earphones?

Always take all your money OUT of your pay pal account as soon as it goes in. When i was using pay pal i never left more than a few hundred in the account. I also attached my PayPal account to a decoy account as we called it. I would transfer the money out of PayPal to this acc. then get it out of the account ASAP. I never kept a credit card attached either. I don't know if you can still do this. I have had my estore now 3 years and do not use PayPal or sell on ebay any longer. When you leave PP be sure to close down the attached bank account as they will keep hittin it to run up your NSF bill with the bank. Close it ALL down. Now on a personal note. I would send the earphones just to close it. Anyone lame enough to want used earphones deserves to have them. Be sure to drop em in the toilet b4 you ship em. hahahahah O i kill me!!

degsey Guest

I would not worry to much about it as I believe that there is a 60 day limit on ebay and paypal to dispute the sale.

Even if the 60 days have not been reached they should not be able to hit your bank account, if its a credit card you used then you can raise a charge back claim aginst them through your credt card company for an unauthorised transaction if they try and take the money.

Forthewinwin Guest

Quote Originally Posted by anephew View Post
    a few weeks ago i finally sold an mp3 player. It was the last item i was going to sell on ebay before i deleted my account and switched to plain ol' garage selling or amazon I recieved no complaints or anything from the buyer, so I thought all was well and went ahead and deleted my paypal account. I deleted all account info (inlcuding address/phone number/cc).

But as luck would have it, i got a series of very livid and rude emails from her this weekend over a set of earphones that i specifically mentioned in the listing that were not included in the auction. (btw, the earphones are used. YUCK right?!)

So long story short, she threatened to open a dispute if i do not send her the earphones. What happens if she does open one? Will paypal take the money from my bank account since there is no paypal account to take it from?
    LOL I did this to about $2500 after selling some items on a gaming site and after the fags decided to charge back and scam. Too late, the money was already in my bank account and I changed my bank account Numbers. Closed my paypal account.

They still spammed my e-mail inbox with all those "You have a dispute Bla bla bla" e-mails, but so what? I don't have a bank account for them to rip me out of.