Thread: Alternatives

Unregistered Guest

Default Alternatives

To be fair there are plenty of alternatives, the only reason PayPal is so widely used is that it's the most widely known and because of it's links with eBay.
    AlertPay is both simpler, more reliable and at least as well supported around the world.
    It is slightly more expensive and doesn't have the PayPal pro API option yet but for straight forward forms style payment it's head and shoulders above PayPal.

I agree merchant accounts are generally expensive to set up and run though so it's only worth going that way if you get sufficient orders per month which most of us don't.

Has anyone used the "First Data Independent Sales" merchant account? At face value it looks like great value, just too good if ask me which is why I wanted to check with past users before trying it out.

[url=http://raju595.pipsraider.hop.clickbank.net/?tid=FXSIGNAL][/url]
    Last edited by Unregistered; 11-15-2010 at 02:39 PM.

paypalblows Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    To be fair there are plenty of alternatives, the only reason PayPal is so widely used is that it's the most widely known and because of it's links with eBay.
    AlertPay is both simpler, more reliable and at least as well supported around the world.
    It is slightly more expensive and doesn't have the PayPal pro API option yet but for straight forward forms style payment it's head and shoulders above PayPal.

I agree merchant accounts are generally expensive to set up and run though so it's only worth going that way if you get sufficient orders per month which most of us don't.

Has anyone used the "First Data Independent Sales" merchant account? At face value it looks like great value, just too good if ask me which is why I wanted to check with past users before trying it out.
    A Merchant account with first data like I have, rakes you over the coals with monthly gateway fees. I also want to let people know that if you have a american express merchant account that you can elect to have them deduct fees per transaction and not monthly. If you have no A. Express transactions then the monthly fees will kill you.