Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whats going on with Paypal??

flesh_world Guest

Default Whats going on with Paypal??

Hi, from the 30th jamuary Paypal informed me that my account had been limited until I give them proof of who I am. I phoned Paypal and requested more information as the email they had sent me was very vague. I was told that that I might be involved in fradulant behaviour which I was not even aware of. They said that I may have more than one account in my name. I informed them that I was previously living with my dad who shares the same name and moved out 4 years ago and that my dad still has an active paypal account which he uses and had one whislt I was living there. They said they would look into this and then after hearing nothing from them I called again asking what I had done wrong which I was told they could not tell me as they had not got the information in front of them/different department. Today I get an email stating that my account is now closed and this paragraph had me worried:

PayPal reserves the right to close any account reported to be involved inpossible fraudulent or high risk behavior. In the event of a dispute,PayPal will seek to recover the funds from you by debiting your PayPalbalance and, if there are not sufficient funds in your PayPal balance,PayPal reserves the right to collect your debt to PayPal by any other legalmeans.
    I only buy from ebay, I have never sold an item ever and I don't know where they intend to get this money as I have zero balance on my paypal account. I have requested information so I can put in a data protection claim but I doubt that would get me far. I only buy using my paypal. The only thing I can think I have done wrong was maybe buy from IOFFER but paypal has a link to them.

What should I do, as I don't want them taking money from my bank account and I want answers to what I have actually done.

thanks all.

The answer is you have done nothing and paypal know this. This for some sad reason is how paypal treat most of their customers and the only reason why they do it is because they can. Paypal are sad arseholes, and the people who let them do it are the people who they shit on, because for some strange reason they open another account with different details and the whole process starts again. I would not use paypal or ebay for anything. If ebay where selling fifty pound notes for a quid I still would not use them.
    [URL="http://bestforex-broker.com"]Make Money Trading Forex[/URL] | [URL="http://bestforex-broker.com/2011/01/25/etoro-forex-review/"]Best Forex Broker[/URL]

Default Tinkers

Not legal advice just a rant ask a grown up

1st decide if you want to carry on using eBay & painpal

if YES keep fighting and it will be a fight

PA ::L will try and cover themselves regardless for any dispute that may arise buying selling and anything else, when you signed up somewhere in T&C you OKed that they could take any sums they wished from your linked bank or credit card,

so if someone says I have a dispute they take the funds and hold them for ever and if the dont give them to the other party, they might give them back to you one day, you are right that if you only BOUGHT it is much less lightly you will get any dispute,

If NO and you wish POTPS s to the deepest hell for peace of mind tell your bank and cards that you cancel all instructions in favour of PPPPPs if there is a subsequent dispute and they can not debit the funds they will try all the usual heavy but they will have to convince a Judge, and if they closed the account first then you will have a good case
    Last edited by SEABEAR; 03-19-2011 at 09:07 AM. Reason: poor typing

peterbj7 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by flesh_world View Post
    They said that I may have more than one account in my name
    This may be the cause of my problem. I live both in the UK and the Caribbean, and have both UK and US bank accounts. Consequently I opened two Paypal accounts, one using my US account and one using my US account. I saw nothing in the rules disallowing this, and there was certainly nothing "fraudulent" about my behaviour.

Then one day I wanted to buy a camera from a private seller in the UK, using my UK account. As I was actually in the Caribbean at the time, I asked a friend who was visiting the UK to receive it and bring it back to me.

By coincidence, I, my friend and the seller all had the same surname.

I bought the camera on eBay and paid by Paypal. Then I had a message from the seller asking when I was going to pay, so she could release it. I checked that the money had indeed left my account. She was never paid and I lost the camera, and Paypal have to this day refused to acknowledge any attempt by me to contact them. My money has gone. This has been going on for over two years, and I haven't a clue what I can or am supposed to do about it.

TheAllSeeingEye Guest

Default eBay Dispute

Quote Originally Posted by flesh_world View Post
    Hi, from the 30th jamuary Paypal informed me that my account had been limited until I give them proof of who I am. I phoned Paypal and requested more information as the email they had sent me was very vague. I was told that that I might be involved in fradulant behaviour which I was not even aware of. They said that I may have more than one account in my name. I informed them that I was previously living with my dad who shares the same name and moved out 4 years ago and that my dad still has an active paypal account which he uses and had one whislt I was living there. They said they would look into this and then after hearing nothing from them I called again asking what I had done wrong which I was told they could not tell me as they had not got the information in front of them/different department. Today I get an email stating that my account is now closed and this paragraph had me worried:

I only buy from ebay, I have never sold an item ever and I don't know where they intend to get this money as I have zero balance on my paypal account. I have requested information so I can put in a data protection claim but I doubt that would get me far. I only buy using my paypal. The only thing I can think I have done wrong was maybe buy from IOFFER but paypal has a link to them.

What should I do, as I don't want them taking money from my bank account and I want answers to what I have actually done.

thanks all.
    eBay/PayPal, or any other organisation/company cannot take monies from your private bank account unless you have setup a direct debit instruction. Simply log into your bank account and remove all instructions for this merchant. They can attempt to remove money from your account, but it will simply be returned with an error. In other words, they can't do it.

JustaIngham Guest

I am facing some problem to withdraw the money. where i make notice..........

JustaIngham Guest

so if someone says I have a dispute they take the funds and hold them for ever and if the dont give them to the other party, they might give them back to you one day, you are right that if you only BOUGHT it is much less lightly you will get any dispute,

I dont get it. wht is it?.............

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by JustaIngham View Post

I dont get it. wht is it?.............

What a pleb you are, they hold none of your funds forever, only event is if you have a compliance limit and refuse to send in docs. Like most knobs on this, you don't have a clue. Stop listening to arseholes on this laughable forum.

Unregistered Guest

Angry paypal Fraud

Unfortunately, I made the very stupid mistake of using this paypal scam many years ago :-(
    Over those years I have went through soooo much grief, losing items, never receiving items I paid for and simply having money stolen from me by scammers all under the protection of their Mafia Overlord PayPal...

Seriously people, DON'T DO IT TO YOURSELVES, Don't use PayPal ever...

You will simply lose, every time...

As for the retard "Guest" that posted they won't keep your funds... he/she is one of them, or, if not, he/ she should please go ahead with paypal, you deserve each other...

Anyway, time will tell and if he/ she is a decent, honest person, it won't be long until they shaft him/ her also... then maybe he/ she will get it...

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Paypal sucks even more so recently, cut a long story short, tried to buy something on ebay recently, have to let sellers down, went to pay, contacted paypal, they limited my paypal for no reason now they want proofs upon proofs, Im not prepared to send them anything, Ive been using their services for like 8 years or so. Thank God I didnt have any ebay funds in there, I dont give a damn anymore I just want to close the account BUT the criminals at paypal wont let you close an account or remove credit card/bank details from an account which theyve put limitations on, is it legal for them to do that? Im worried theyre going to do something crafty. Should I just get in touch with my bank & credit card provider & do something that way? Im not sure if bank can do anything.
    I am sorry I dont understand why wont they allow you to delete bank info or CC info? The oly reason I can think of if you purchased an item and s'pose to pay for it or if you owe money to anyone...