Thread: PayPal just closed my account, I have $3200 in it, held for 180 days/6 months

Default PayPal just closed my account, I have $3200 in it, held for 180 days/6 months

Last night, I added a new MasterCard to my PP account that I've had since 2009. Then, they required me to upload my driver's license, so I did, only to see an email from them this morning saying I was under 18 when I registered.

Now it's 2016 and I'm 24 years old. Pretty much all my savings are in my PP. I called them up and they said they're gonna close my account and hold the money for 180 days. And I just recently moved to Netherlands, need to find a new apartment starting the 1st of next month, etc. So I'm really screwed.

Thanks PayPal.

Do you guys think Skrill is a good option? Cause I've already have their account, but never tried to withdraw.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by nino View Post
    Last night, I added a new MasterCard to my PP account that I've had since 2009. Then, they required me to upload my driver's license, so I did, only to see an email from them this morning saying I was under 18 when I registered.

Now it's 2016 and I'm 24 years old. Pretty much all my savings are in my PP. I called them up and they said they're gonna close my account and hold the money for 180 days. And I just recently moved to Netherlands, need to find a new apartment starting the 1st of next month, etc. So I'm really screwed.

Thanks PayPal.

Do you guys think Skrill is a good option? Cause I've already have their account, but never tried to withdraw.
    Yes, Skrill is a good option.I have Skrill and never had any
    issues at all!

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by Catalle View Post
    Yes, Skrill is a good option.I have Skrill and never had any
    issues at all!

Regards
    I can confirm that I was able to withdraw thru Skrill without any problems.

The first thing you should do is start filing complaints with the Attorney Generals Office and the Federal Trade Commission. First off, why did you keep that money in the PayPal account instead of your bank account! PayPal saw the balance and said, hey lets steal it and make 6 months worth of interest off it. The fact that PayPal can BS their way and use the old 180 day scam is just that. If you look at transactions, some of them were made by credit card and some were made via the normal Paypal account. Their excuse to hold funds for 180 days is only true for credit cards because that's what Visa and Mastercard increased it to. So PayPal has no legal right to hold any funds which were sent to you via bank account or from their own PayPal balances.

They are illegally holding your funds, we would start contacting the Federal Trade Commission and the Attorney Generals Office, if you owed PayPal money they'd send a collection agency after you, since PayPal owes you money, I would send a collection agency after them as well. Just submit the proof of the debt owed and take it from there.

We'd be very careful with these popup PayPal wanna be processing companies, like wepay and stripe.com they are the scumbags of the money service. And make sure you have no money in those account, take it out immediately in small increments and don't any large amounts, that is a red flag to steal the funds from you.

Quote Originally Posted by PayPal-Terminator View Post
    The first thing you should do is start filing complaints with the Attorney Generals Office and the Federal Trade Commission. First off, why did you keep that money in the PayPal account instead of your bank account! PayPal saw the balance and said, hey lets steal it and make 6 months worth of interest off it. The fact that PayPal can BS their way and use the old 180 day scam is just that. If you look at transactions, some of them were made by credit card and some were made via the normal Paypal account. Their excuse to hold funds for 180 days is only true for credit cards because that's what Visa and Mastercard increased it to. So PayPal has no legal right to hold any funds which were sent to you via bank account or from their own PayPal balances.

They are illegally holding your funds, we would start contacting the Federal Trade Commission and the Attorney Generals Office, if you owed PayPal money they'd send a collection agency after you, since PayPal owes you money, I would send a collection agency after them as well. Just submit the proof of the debt owed and take it from there.

We'd be very careful with these popup PayPal wanna be processing companies, like wepay and stripe.com they are the scumbags of the money service. And make sure you have no money in those account, take it out immediately in small increments and don't any large amounts, that is a red flag to steal the funds from you.
    I agree. I threatened legal action on them when they held over $10,000 of my money.

Skrill is good, but I have tons of customers that want to pay with PayPal. So I enlisted the help of Auction Essistance to help me create a new one since I don't have the resources.

I would use skrill interchangeably. Use this guide to help you create a new account if you can: [url=http://www.slideshare.net/AuctionEssistance/ebay-incognitostealth]Ebay & PayPal Incognito Stealth eBook PDF[/url]

Just stay away from Stripe.com they are the biggest con artists that make PayPal look like a legit company. Calling PayPal and threatening them with a legal lawsuit, they'd just laugh in your face. The only way they'd do anything is if they get a court order, a letter from an attorney, or something from the state. They know you are nothing to them and you cant do as much as nothing. The second an attorney gets involved or something along the lines of a involvement from a government agency, then thats the only time they take it serious.

Skrill works, but depends on how your customers plan to pay you. PayPal tends to be the main one, but if you can have your customers switch to Skrill, you will save yourself a lot of headaches that come along with PayPal.

Even if you still need to use PayPal, you can always open up a business account along with all the legal stuff involved, DBA, EIN, etc..

Then you can start using them again by following the various guides on the net to create a new account.
    [url]www.auctionessistance.com[/url]