Thread: Case decision confusion

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question Case decision confusion

Hello, Ill keep this one short

So I sold a small electrical item overseas however the buyer claims not to have received it. (sale was over 2 months ago)!

They launched a Paypal Case and I submitted proof of postage to show that I had sent the item to the specified address. The funds were on hold as the dispute was bieng handled. The case is now closed however the
    decision reads:

"After careful consideration, we're unable to decide this claim in your favour at this time"

The money has not been refunded from my account to the buyer by PayPal so I'm just wondering what happened?

Can the buyer appeal the decision? if so, how many times can they appeal?
    Is this just them saying that the case is a draw or are they still looking into it?

Any help is appreciated

Many thanks

First of all, you NEVER ship anything out until the funds are in your bank account. Secondly proof of delivery and proof of postage are 2 different things. In a case, you must prove the item was delivered to the address (confirmed). "after careful consideration" is bullshit, its just an automated BS PayPal says.

The buyer knew you didnt put tracking and the burden of proof was you to provide proof of delivery to that confirmed address, if it was confirmed in the first place. Whether is PayPal or another credit card company, you knew that you had to placing, you didnt, and you lost.