Thread: Paypal Smart Connect Credit Problems

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Angry Paypal Smart Connect Credit Problems

Hello Everyone. I am in serious need of help. I will try and make this as short as possible. A little over two years ago I got accepted for a paypal smart connect credit account (not your regular "secured payment" account to send payment to merchants). Everything was good for a little while and then I noticed that there were some monthly payments to my balance that I had made to paypal directly from my bank account that were never posted to me paypal account. I checked with the bank and saw where the payments were made and accepted from paypal. When I first called to talk to someone about the situation, it was almost impossible. After months of issues with them, I finally got to talk to someone who was willing (so I thought) to look in to the situation for me. We agreed to put my account of a freeze (do to the constant late fees and finance charged that were racking up) until we straighten it all out. I had a package from my bank showing the payments that were made to paypal and that they were accepted,etc. My real balance at the time was just about the total of all the payments (there was 4 total) that were missing. After waiting for several weeks and not receiving any answers back from them, I have to admit that I totally forgot all about them. Here we are two years later and they come up on my credit report as a Charge Off! Needless to say I was shocked and pissed at the same time. I immediately contacted paypal and they wouldn't discuss anything with me as they told me that my account was turned over to collections. Gave me the number to NES (National Enterprise Systems) and had me call them. Once I did, I informed them of the situation and also told them that I had absolutely no idea that this was going on and that I was never contacted by them or paypal. Then later found out that they were not given the correct contact information for me and so this is why I never heard anything from them. I also found out that my account was turned over to collections the minute I got off the phone with paypal when we agreed to freeze my account. So they basically stabbed me in the back, acting like they were going to actually look into this issue, knowing that they were turning it over to collections. I don't understand how any of this can be legal! Mean while, this is holding me up from getting approved for a mortgage to buy a home that I have very limited time in buying!!!!! And there's nothing that can be done. I MUST pay what they want and then there's no guarantee that paypal will even correct the way that it is reported on my credit report, therefore I could still have this issue and be out over $400 of my hard earned, much needed money. BTW, the actual balance is less then half of what they now want because they never placed my account on a freeze and continued to charge late fees, etc. Someone PLEASE help me and tell me what I can do. Thank You in advance.
    Last edited by DawnS; 09-19-2016 at 01:29 PM.