Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Paypal wants to close my account. What to do?

Default Paypal wants to close my account. What to do?

Hi guys!
    I live in Ukraine. Recently I've had significant problems with paypal. A half of year ago they restricted my account due to exceeding 2500 EUR limit in total payments to my Paypal account in last calendar year. I didn't know about that limitation in their rules and that one should give some identity proof to have his account unlocked in that case - so I registered it as stealth acccount. I apologized and explained them many times it was a mistake and that I could get and send them my new Ukrainian foreign passport for my identification to be done. They said OK. This week I got my new Ukrainian foreign passport and sent them a copy of it. Yesterday I received the email from them where they informed me my surname in my passport was not like that indicated in my paypal account and that they decided to close it for security reasons. That's the story! What are they going to do with my money? But I have significant sum on this paypal account. I asked them to transfer those sum to another paypal account but still no answer received.
    What more can be done on this matter in your opinion?
    P.S. In two weeks there will be 180 days since my paypal account is restricted. Can I expect it will be unlocked? Any comments appreciated
    Last edited by Litaps; 06-15-2016 at 12:24 PM. Reason: Errors

PayPal is not like bank regulated, they make a lot of money by freezing accounts on false pretenses.

Keep posted what happened in 2 weeks, if they released the funds

Hey.. What about your Account? Dis you mail the Help desk?

I tried to talk to PayPal, it is just waste of time. I have just filed complain with BBB, they have until July 21, 2016 to reply.

I explained my situation I did not do anything wrong, I did not break any low and what more the items are not on paypal policy list but they still claim that I broke their policy

PayPal is simply high risk to do business, they had 5500 complains with BBB within lat 12 months.

you can cashout your funds at the end of 180days

180 days of suspension is over. The account's still locked. What have I to expect now? Uploading the new ID document resulted in nothing.

they already know that you cannot prove ownership and they will keep the money.

this is how Ponzi scheme is working, they do not make too much money on transaction fee, they steal money by freezing accounts.

"they will keep the money" - what does it mean? Where my money will go if they close the account? But I can add no bank accounts.

Daniel Schulman he is the CEO of paypal and it might be he and whoever control paypal steals the money from frozen accounts. this is why they freeze so many accounts.

since the account is not in your name I do not know how you can claim ownership. In EU or USA you could take them to small claims court.

you might try to complain to Better Business Bureau ([url=http://www.bbb.org]Better Business Bureau: Start With Trust[/url]) find paypal there and file complain it might help.

this is what I did because I did not do anything illegal and I did not break any paypal policy, I am waiting for answer before taking them to small claims court.

They only give links to some agencies. What agency should I choose in my very case?