Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: PayPal Targets - charity????

  1. #1
    Unregistered Guest

    Exclamation PayPal Targets - charity????

    Check this out:

    [url=http://thegreengeeks.wordpress.com/2011/12/06/why-paypal-is-wrong-regarding-regretsy-according-to-their-own-policies/]Why @PayPal is wrong regarding @Regretsy, according to their own policies. greengeekgirl[/url]

    I am closing my PP account as sure as I have no issues left untended. After having a PP account for almost 15 years, my account was hacked last year solely due to their utter lack of security - I was a victim of the Hong Kong hacker who tapped many, many people to the tune of $187.00 and all from the same IP address/email! Unbelievable!

    But this? This just takes the cake. They make their own rules, fail to abide by them, and no one does anything about it. At least if you're dealing with big banks you know to expect a screwing.

    Time to cut and run, folks.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Bay City, MI
    Posts
    83

    Default Monopoly

    That's how it goes when you're basically a monopoly. PayPal thinks they can make their own rules and get away with anything just because there is very little to no competition in their market. It doesn't get any lower when you're targeting charities though. I think PayPal has hit a new low with this one. Now this is definitely something that should be on the national news!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    23

    Default

    Paypal, like most other businesses, has its problems. I find it wise to never leave large chunks of money in my Paypal account. I simply view Paypal as a means for the transaction. I immediately put the money in my hands or my bank account once I see my money credited to my Paypal account.

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spc97t View Post
    Paypal, like most other businesses, has its problems. I find it wise to never leave large chunks of money in my Paypal account. I simply view Paypal as a means for the transaction. I immediately put the money in my hands or my bank account once I see my money credited to my Paypal account.
    ^^^ Exactly!! Why people just let money sit in their paypal account is beyond me..the most I let sit in there is probably $20.00 and that is just so I can use it to buy my morning coffee with my paypal debit card.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Winchester, CA
    Posts
    233

    Default

    Well, that post doesn't exist anymore, so I'm not sure what that was all about. Wish I could have seen that, but I guess that post is a little old. I agree with warmweatherwoman because I do the same thing. I never leave money in there and I do use it for my morning coffee!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    210

    Default

    Definitely there is no point in letting your money stay in Paypal, it doesn't gain interest or anything, just transfer it to yor bank account.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    303

    Default

    I'm glad they are using money that they stole from other people and giving it to charity... lol.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    22

    Default

    If you are not comfortable using PayPal then by all means you should send you money back to your bank account. PP is a huge corporation and mistakes will be made. Clearly they are not perfect.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    171

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cpefley View Post
    Well, that post doesn't exist anymore, so I'm not sure what that was all about. Wish I could have seen that, but I guess that post is a little old. I agree with warmweatherwoman because I do the same thing. I never leave money in there and I do use it for my morning coffee!
    What happened is that the website Regretsy was raising money to buy Christmas presents for poor children. Paypal froze their account because they're not a nonprofit organization, just kind bloggers doing a good deed.

    Once the story went public that children wouldn't be getting their gifts, Paypal was embarrassed and and unfroze the account and Paypal donated some money as well.

    I guess Paypal didn't want the news media reporting that they shut down a charity event for children, so they made a quick change to save face.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    171

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by firelily99 View Post
    If you are not comfortable using PayPal then by all means you should send you money back to your bank account. PP is a huge corporation and mistakes will be made. Clearly they are not perfect.
    Can't Paypal access the money in your bank account? My bank account is my backup funding source, so if Paypal wants money from me and there's not enough in my Paypal account, they hit my bank account.

    Everyone acts like emptying out your Paypal account is ironclad protection against them taking your money, but they can even hit your backup credit card to collect a debt.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •