Thread: I owe paypal 10,000 dollars in chargebacks

Exclamation I owe paypal 10,000 dollars in chargebacks

Please help, i live in usa, pa, pittsburgh. I have sold games, consoles and controllers on ebay for 9 months now. Recently i met a seller on ebay who sold 1 year xboxlive gold cards for 34.00 i bought these cards off of him and was reselling them for 47.99. I figured that i can just keep on doing this and make a huge profit ! They would buy it and i would email the codes, well i was wrong about 1-2 weeks later unauthorized charge-backs starting happening. At first it was 30 charge-backs and than eventually turned into 75, and than over 100. Some of the cases are under review still but right now my account is -7,890 dollars and shortly will keep on going negative at a time. There is absolutely no way i can pay this back. I dont even plan on selling anymore because of these, what happens if i dont pay this debt off? They have my ssn number and phone and bank. I dont understand how this is my fault and how paypal does not care to look into stolen cards. I have proof that i sent these codes through emails and i also have messages back and forth with me and the buyer and still this does not help. So what happens if i dont pay? Will they take me to court? Will they charge my bank?

The wisest thing you can do now is report any Credit or Debit Card you ever gave PayPal as LOST. Close any Checking Account you ever gave PayPal immediately. Prevent PayPal from recovering money from you. PayPal will automatically remove funds from your checking account after a certain numbers of days of trying to get you to make good on the negative balance. If the checking account they have on file is CLOSED, they cannot recover money from you.

PayPal participated in a fraud against you and you don't have to let them get away with it. PayPal will restrict or close your account until they get their money. PayPal will never go against the actions of a CC company, ever. If they did, eventually the CC companies won't allow you to use your CC at PayPal, just as they don't allow you to fund your online Poker account with a CC. Resign yourself that you will never again use PayPal. Tell any Collection Agency that you have never owed this money and that if they continue to attempt to collect a debt you are not liable for, you will sue them. Debt Collectors have a legal obligation to provide you proof that you owe the debt they are wanting to collect. Unlike the local electric or water company, a collection agency cannot provide this proof as they bought your debt for far less than face value. To make a debt collector go away: Inform them that you do not now or have never owed the debt and that if they continue to attempt to collect a debt you are not responsible for, you will consider it harassment and you will sue THEM. They'll sell your debt to the next dumbass agency. Lather, rinse, repeat. Eventually your debt becomes unsellable.