Thread: About to get screwed on eBay/paypal

Default About to get screwed on eBay/paypal

I just registered here to get help with what seems to be a common problem. I googled through numerous horror stories that all start as this one, so and I'm hoping to prevent my own before it happens.

I sold a brand new lens on eBay as the return period had passed from my original purchase. 2 weeks after the lens was delivered and the funds were transferred from my Paypal to my bank, the buyer claims there is a "particle of dust" on the lens (an actual quote), demanded a full refund, and threatened to call his lawyer (mind you, this is a $600 lens, not an original Picasso).

Dust is a classic excuse for buyer's remorse, or to set up the old 'get a refund and return a brick scam.' Either way, it is obvious I am about to get ripped off.

I have a week to decide to issue a refund. If I don't, then the buyer can open a claim, which I am sure to lose.

My Paypal balance is currently $0. My eBay balance consists of just the final value fees. Assuming eBay is going to side with the buyer as they always do, should I close my accounts now so funds cannot be automatically withdrawn? If not, any other advice?

TIA

Pretty much with eBay's policy of getting your item or your money back guaranteed, it is a clear answer that they will win the dispute.

If you can however, provide enough proof to side with you, then there is hope.

As for closing accounts, if it is under your personal details, they will send your name to collections if any of their balance is not paid back.
    [url]www.auctionessistance.com[/url]