Thread: Another Chargeback

Default Another Chargeback

I got another chargeback from an user I sold him something.He says that someone did the payment to me without his knowing. The problem is i have closed my second paypal account more then 2 months ago. My email doesn't even exists anymore on their database, i tried resetting my password and it says my email can't be found.Also my account was a limited one.

Can they do a charge back if my account is closed ?

Quote Originally Posted by cryystyy View Post
    I got another chargeback from an user I sold him something.He says that someone did the payment to me without his knowing. The problem is i have closed my second paypal account more then 2 months ago. My email doesn't even exists anymore on their database, i tried resetting my password and it says my email can't be found.Also my account was a limited one.

Even though your PayPal account is closed, the issuing CC company can still do a chargeback. PayPal will then carry a negative balance on your closed account. Don't let that give you a sense of false security. If PayPal still has your bank account information, they will attempt to collect the money from it.

The wisest thing you can do now is report any Credit or Debit Card you ever gave PayPal as LOST. Close any Checking Account you ever gave PayPal immediately. Prevent PayPal from recovering money from you. PayPal will automatically remove funds from your checking account after a certain numbers of days of trying to get you to make good on the negative balance. If the checking account they have on file is CLOSED, they cannot recover money from you.

Quote Originally Posted by cryystyy View Post

payPal still have your email address, they do not delete ANYTHING. Even if you were to remove a bank account from your paypal account they still have your old bank account information, they save everything. So the advice from IGoToXS is great and what you have to do to avoid getting charged.

If the account is under your personal details, the only thing they can possibly do is send your name to collections. But even if everything is closed, they cannot get that money back, they can only send you notices pretty much.
    [url]www.auctionessistance.com[/url]