Thread: another seller gets screwed by paypal

Default another seller gets screwed by paypal

I have been an eBay/PayPal user for years and never had a problem before. Until I started selling items. Specifically one item. A pair of used headphones. I sold the item on eBay. The headphones were as described on the listing. Perfect working condition. One minor flaw that was in the pictures and description. A day after the buyer received the headphones, he e-mails me stating the ear-cups kept falling off and that the headphones were defective. Which is a lie. To make it short PayPal decided the buyer should get a full refund without question. The buyer shipped the headphones back and PayPal refunded the money asap without me verifying if the item was the same as when I shipped. When I checked the headphones I could see that they had been dissected. ( open up and the headphones were not put back the right way ) They have scratches from the screwdriver, they are filthy, sticky, and extra oily. I can not resell item now after it was messed with. PayPal won't even take a look at my evidence. I have pictures from the auction and pictures of how they were trashed. They are acting only on false claims by the buyer. Buyer has no proof and I do. I'm out of my money and now I don't even have my headphones to resell.

Quote Originally Posted by Distracted114 View Post
    I have been an eBay/PayPal user for years and never had a problem before. Until I started selling items. Specifically one item. A pair of used headphones. I sold the item on eBay. The headphones were as described on the listing. Perfect working condition. One minor flaw that was in the pictures and description. A day after the buyer received the headphones, he e-mails me stating the ear-cups kept falling off and that the headphones were defective. Which is a lie. To make it short PayPal decided the buyer should get a full refund without question. The buyer shipped the headphones back and PayPal refunded the money asap without me verifying if the item was the same as when I shipped. When I checked the headphones I could see that they had been dissected. ( open up and the headphones were not put back the right way ) They have scratches from the screwdriver, they are filthy, sticky, and extra oily. I can not resell item now after it was messed with. PayPal won't even take a look at my evidence. I have pictures from the auction and pictures of how they were trashed. They are acting only on false claims by the buyer. Buyer has no proof and I do. I'm out of my money and now I don't even have my headphones to resell.
    this is the risk you take when you sell on eBay with PayPal. No way around it as long as you use paypal on eBay. You should look in to a paypal alternative, there are many ebay approved ones and they don't give ebay access to your money and it is your return policy that applies, not ebays or paypals.

Ebay wouldn't be so bad if you didn't have to use Paypal. Sure there are still their high fees but at least you will get the money rather then having them held hostage by paypal for made up reasons.