Thread: PayPal blocked a refund I tried to issue

Default PayPal blocked a refund I tried to issue

I advertised a printer as not working for parts or repair,as a cash on collection for only£10,I had a winning bid from a guy in Poland, who paid for the printer and shipping of £80. He then filed a claim of not as described saying it was the wrong model.I agreed to its return, but Paypal blocked the refund, because the bal was zero (after seizing the £90) the buyer was refunded,I never received the printer back and to cap it all Paypal took the account into neg bal because they did not refund the fee.

I had a buyer file a claim against me before contacting me first,I would have been happy to refund had I known. Once the claim was filed I agreed to issuing the refund upon receiving the item back (this was just a small engine part for boat motor) He posted the tracking number that it was being shipped back so I issued him the refund. Then Paypal issued him a second refund and to top it off the package I received back wasn't even what he had bought for me, it was just a junk piece of metal. Never got paypal to give me back the refund they issued my mistake after I had refunded him (only $40 but still) and he kept the part.

there are a million and one ways to get cheated when you are a seller and paypal always sides with the buyer at least 99% of the time. There is no way to avoid it, there is no way to fight it just bend over and take it if you plan on keep using paypal.

Buyers tend to file disputes without contacting you first. Almost always, Paypal tends to side with buyer. If there is a way for you to provide proof like a lawyer, the you might have a case.