Thread: Paypal Chargeback and negative balance:(

Default Paypal Chargeback and negative balance:(

Yup, it just happened to me. I sold some asian dude an online account (Archeage). After he got the account he added me on skype on his ignore list and then issued a chargeback with his bank stating Unauthorized payment.
    I've informed paypal that i have sent him the account or anything they might use (printscreen with the skype conversation with buyer) and have told them that the buyer is scamming me.

They did not care they made me wait 20 days and then told me I cannot receive Seller protection because i have sold an intangible good and that i am supposed to pay them the ammount and it's not a small one, 330 euros.
    They also said they have sent all the proof that they have, like that the buyer actually was the one who sent the payment and it was not an unauthorized payment. And they said it can take up to 70 days for the bank to answer and they do not know if they will give me the money.

Until them i have to add to paypal 330 euros to fix my negative balance.
    What can I do now ? Can I refuse to pay ? I am from Europe,Romania.
    If they send a collection agency what can i do to escape them ? Will I be able to escape them if i ask them to prove to me that I am in dept to them ? I am asking because i do not know if this can also work in my county.

Quote Originally Posted by cryystyy View Post
    Yup, it just happened to me. I sold some asian dude an online account (Archeage). After he got the account he added me on skype on his ignore list and then issued a chargeback with his bank stating Unauthorized payment.
    I've informed paypal that i have sent him the account or anything they might use (printscreen with the skype conversation with buyer) and have told them that the buyer is scamming me.

They did not care they made me wait 20 days and then told me I cannot receive Seller protection because i have sold an intangible good and that i am supposed to pay them the ammount and it's not a small one, 330 euros.
    They also said they have sent all the proof that they have, like that the buyer actually was the one who sent the payment and it was not an unauthorized payment. And they said it can take up to 70 days for the bank to answer and they do not know if they will give me the money.

Until them i have to add to paypal 330 euros to fix my negative balance.
    What can I do now ? Can I refuse to pay ? I am from Europe,Romania.
    If they send a collection agency what can i do to escape them ? Will I be able to escape them if i ask them to prove to me that I am in dept to them ? I am asking because i do not know if this can also work in my county.
    The wisest thing you can do now is report any Credit or Debit Card you ever gave PayPal as LOST. Close any Checking Account you ever gave PayPal immediately. Prevent PayPal from recovering money from you. PayPal will automatically remove funds from your checking account after a certain numbers of days of trying to get you to make good on the negative balance. If the checking account they have on file is CLOSED, they cannot recover money from you.

PayPal participated in a fraud against you and you don't have to let them get away with it.

I have already closed all my credit cards i have added on Paypal, eve the account of those credit cards because I moved to another bank.

If they send a collection agency what should I do ? Btw I never gave Paypal my phone number and adress.

Quote Originally Posted by cryystyy View Post
    I have already closed all my credit cards i have added on Paypal, eve the account of those credit cards because I moved to another bank.

If they send a collection agency what should I do ? Btw I never gave Paypal my phone number and adress.
    Tell any Collection Agency that that you do not now or have never owed the debt and that if they continue to attempt to collect a debt you are not responsible for, you will consider it harassment and you will sue THEM. Debt Collectors have a legal obligation to provide you proof that you owe the debt they are wanting to collect. Unlike the local electric or water company, a collection agency cannot provide this proof as they bought your debt for far less than face value. Lather, rinse, repeat. Eventually your debt becomes unsellable.

Quote Originally Posted by IGoToXS View Post
    Tell any Collection Agency that that you do not now or have never owed the debt and that if they continue to attempt to collect a debt you are not responsible for, you will consider it harassment and you will sue THEM. Debt Collectors have a legal obligation to provide you proof that you owe the debt they are wanting to collect. Unlike the local electric or water company, a collection agency cannot provide this proof as they bought your debt for far less than face value. Lather, rinse, repeat. Eventually your debt becomes unsellable.
    Completely agree! Take this advice for sure.