Thread: Apple pay seems a lit like Paypal

Default Apple pay seems a lot like Paypal

I am not all read up on it so I would love some insight about apple pay. Am I as a seller online going to even be able to use this or is it for in store purchases only? I can see the perks for buyers to use this service but what about seller/merchants how do we benefit? Like I said I am not all read up on it but apple pay seems just like paypal to me ripping off sellers giving goods away to scamming buyers
    Last edited by getupstandup; 11-13-2014 at 02:53 PM.

why do we need "services" like paypal, applepay, currentc etc? Seems like we are only making it easier for someone who wants to steal from us to do so. Why not just pay with our credit/debit cards? Why the middle man? Sure they all claim it is safer then paying with your credit card but to be honest I have NEVER had any issues paying with any of my cards. With PayPal I have had many issues and I don't own an iphone so that is obviously out of the question with apple pay which I wouldn't be using even if I did have an iphone.

Quote Originally Posted by Imgonna View Post
    why do we need "services" like paypal, applepay, currentc etc? Seems like we are only making it easier for someone who wants to steal from us to do so. Why not just pay with our credit/debit cards? Why the middle man? Sure they all claim it is safer then paying with your credit card but to be honest I have NEVER had any issues paying with any of my cards. With PayPal I have had many issues and I don't own an iphone so that is obviously out of the question with apple pay which I wouldn't be using even if I did have an iphone.
    I 100% agree with you there. I don't see the burden having to pay with my credit or debit card. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Is Apple Pay going to be available for Android? I am still not clear on whether it is for iPhones only.

I did a chargeback on Apple and next thing you know my Apple ID was banned closed gone! YES They are PayPal.sucks like, and how!