Thread: Did Paypal just steal my money?

Default Did Paypal just steal my money?

Regarding the [URL="http://i.imgur.com/kAirzdZ.jpg"]automatic monthly withdrawal[/URL] every first of the month.

First email notice("Your automatic transfer was successful")-
    >Dear xxxxx,

> Your available balance was transferred to your Visa card issued in Croatia on Oct 1, 2014. The amount of the transfer was $141.30 USD.
    >
    > Your available balance is automatically transferred on the first day of every month.
    >
    > Yours sincerely,
    > PayPal
    Second email notice("Your money's is on its way to your card")-

> Dear xxxxxxxxx,
    >
    > We’ve received your request to withdraw money from your PayPal account to your card:
    >
    > Requested withdrawal amount: 832.77 HRK
    >
    > Card: xxxxxxx
    >
    > Transaction ID:xxxxxxxx
    >
    > It usually takes 1-2 business days for the withdrawal to complete, but in a few cases, depending on your card issuer, it could take up to 30 days.
    >
    > Sincerely,
    >
    > PayPal

So, when [URL="https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=dollar+to+kuna"]I look here[/URL], $141.30 is 856.64kn.

That's a 23.87kn or $3.94 difference.

Does anyone know from where does this difference come from?

PayPal has a whole section in their user agreement about fees for currency conversion and I am sure that they do not convert using the daily exchange rate so you may end up getting a lot less then you think when you let paypal handle the currency conversion

In the US paypal agreement it is under section 8. Fees and Currency Conversion.

Paypal has some of the worst conversion rates in the industry and they charge you an arm and a leg for converting your money at a crappy rate. All while they make a fortune on it.