Thread: Urgent question: Maximum negative balance before you can't receive any payments?

Exclamation Urgent question: Maximum negative balance before you can't receive any payments?

I opened a Paypal business account several months ago due to it being a common request by customers. There was recently a chargeback of about $400 so it's negative that in my balance. I got a few calls from frequent customers saying that payments are not going through. I am guessing that once you get under a certain amount in the negatives you can't sell items until it is paid off. What is the maximum negative balance before paypal does not allow payments to be sent to you?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by js82 View Post
    I opened a Paypal business account several months ago due to it being a common request by customers. There was recently a chargeback of about $400 so it's negative that in my balance. I got a few calls from frequent customers saying that payments are not going through. I am guessing that once you get under a certain amount in the negatives you can't sell items until it is paid off. What is the maximum negative balance before paypal does not allow payments to be sent to you?

Thanks!
    is your account restricted, limited, banned or frozen? Is PayPal asking for any information other then the negative balance to be paid off? PayPal will take money from your bank account or credit card that is linked to cover the negative balance if possible so be aware of that. I would think your account becomes restricted the second you have a negative balance no matter the amount but I am not sure about that

Someone filed a chargeback rith me through payPal and my paypal went in to negative and was immediately frozen, I couldn't send or receive money until I paid off the negative balance. This was a fraudulent chargeback that paypal forced me to pay to be able to keep the account.