Thread: Cannot remove my old email

Default Cannot remove my old email

Many years ago I registered with PayPal. No problems. A few years ago I changed internet vendor and have a new email, now set as primary. The old email is about to expire so I deleted it from PayPal.
    Two problems:
    1. I no longer get any PayPal messages.
    2. No one can pay me anymore.

So I put the old email back (still not primary) and everything works again.

How can I get PayPal to recognise my current primary email for all transactions?

I formally complained to PayPal but never received a reply.

call them and ask them to assist you over the phone, emailing is never going to get the issue resolved.
    This is what their website states but it sounds by your post as if you tried this all ready

You may add up to eight email addresses to your PayPal account. Remember that each email address can only be associated to one PayPal account at a time.

Here’s how to add an email address:
    1. Log in to your PayPal account.
    2. Click Profile.
    3. Click My personal info.
    4. Click Update next to Email.
    If you want to change your current email address, simply add a new address and remove your old one. (gotta love how they use the word "simply")

Default Thanks for comments.

My problem starts when I remove the old email. Everything stops working. I will try to get through on the phone.

let us know how it works out, I am curious to hear what PayPal's excuse/explanation is going to be.

Default Paypal reply

Managed to get through to Paypal on the phone. They had never heard of this problem. They thought it might be an old link to ebay. Rang ebay. Nothing found on my old email.
    So, I have gone back to my paypal account and removed the old email address again. Did one test and it worked! (But was between another family account.) Fingers crossed it may work now for all transactions.

Default Back to square one

Still does not work with international transactions unless I put back my very old email address. Paypal still only sends international notifications to this old address.
    I give up!

Default Didn't quite give up

Rang Paypal and ebay again. Finally found problem to be an old (legacy) payment policy entry in ebay, still attached to the old email and set as default for international transactions.
    I can create a new payment policy but I can't edit or delete the old one!
    Almost solved.