Thread: Paypal is demanding tracking number for item picked up in person

Default Paypal is demanding tracking number for item picked up in person

I sold an outboard motor over two weeks ago, but they are holding up over $3,000 they said it was because I didn't provide a shipping number, guess what, news flash, you don't give a shipping number when something is picked up in person. So disturbing to know the buyer picked up the motor the day they paid for it and here it is 14 days later and they are still holding my money. Clearly they are making money off of everybody's that they hold. What a scam they have going, from this day forward I am on a quest to spread my story.

C.O.D

Only accept cash on delivery when you sell something to someone face to face. If this buyer wants to get the motor for free he can easily get his money back from you and keep the motor.

The buyer could just file a claim with Paypal that he never received the item, Paypal would check and see that there is no tracking number, no tracking number=no sellers protection. Buyer gets money back and keeps motor.

Quote Originally Posted by Imgonna View Post
    I sold an outboard motor over two weeks ago, but they are holding up over $3,000 they said it was because I didn't provide a shipping number, guess what, news flash, you don't give a shipping number when something is picked up in person. So disturbing to know the buyer picked up the motor the day they paid for it and here it is 14 days later and they are still holding my money. Clearly they are making money off of everybody's that they hold. What a scam they have going, from this day forward I am on a quest to spread my story.
    yeah paypal should never be used when it's a pick up, person to person sale. I am not sure why paypal even allowed it because there really is no protection for the seller. Cash, money order or cashiers check is all you should ever accept for an item sold that is being picked up.

Exactly.. Cash On Delivery is the Best Choice...