Thread: My paypal & ebay accounts were hacked

Default My paypal & ebay accounts were hacked

Basically someone stole my phone with bank cards etc in the case.
    it didn't occur to me to check my ebay etc. I went to my bank and it was -$1400. The bank sorted that but now my paypal is -$3600!!!!
    It's now been a few months and have not heard back from either paypal or ebay.
    I'm worried I'm going to have to pay for someone else's debt.

You will probably have to hire an attorney to help with this fraud or eat the cost. I would fill a case with paypal and local authorities. Sorry to hear that this happened to you. What's wrong with people??

Quote Originally Posted by Skye93 View Post
    it didn't occur to me to check my ebay etc. I went to my bank and it was -$1400. The bank sorted that but now my paypal is -$3600!!!!
    you should be calling Paypal EVERY DAY and not wait months. Have you talked to Paypal and told them that these were UNAUTHORIZED transactions? Did you file a dispute when it happened? If so what was the outcome?

Quote Originally Posted by Skye93 View Post
    So are you our any of your own money at this point or is the only problem left that your payPal account is with a negative balance? If you arent planning on paying this monry back to Paypal you need to dispute it with them as well as close your bank account linked to your PP account and report your card as lost/stolen so that PayPal has no way to debit you for the negative balance, they will try to do this at around 40 days of a negative balance.