Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need an Attorney pronto

Default Need an Attorney pronto

Our paypal account is currently -$74,000 due to one buyer who filed 11 cases at once on 6/26/14. Three for item not as described and Eight for item not received. It is too long to go into all the details here of this nightmare but the buyer is clearly trying to use the paypal system to commit fraud. Just received back the items on the not described (wrong items bad shape).

Buyer lost one case and won the other on a large shipment paid with multiple invoices. Same shipment and delivery!!!! Different PayPal employee making the decision (trucking company pallet delivery). Buyer just filed a chargeback on the lost case ($9,500) so I'm so feed up I called the police.

There were three deliveries he claimed he never got two pallet deliveries (600 lbs and 900 lbs) and a 20 box fedex shipment. The police actually went to the house and the people there denied receiving anything but just hours later all three shipments magically appeared but sadly they are not as described.

This buyer is clearly abusing the system but my fear is that paypal is going to force me to accept bad returns that I clearly won't be able to pay them back the money they say I would owe them.

I feel at this point I really need an attorney to protect me from paypal trying to force me to accept returns from a crook. The dollar amounts are too large for small claims. I need to respond to these new claims in three days!!!

Thanks!!!!

Default Disappointed...

Disappointed that I didn't receive any replies about an attorney.....only received spam scam email from crooks....

Default Btw.....

found out the next morning that the buyer didn't suddenly find the items because of the police but because the trucking company said they would send the drivers out to identify the house and the individuals who signed for the pallets and that the trucking company would sue his as*.

Yet PayPal is going to say of yes, you are an honest person.....2 pallets and 20 boxes just dropped out of heaven the same day....but everything was wrong with these shipments......let the buyer ship them back.....even though he shipped back different items on the other 3 cases....

Looks like you got this one under control. so is the buyer dropping the chargeback since they received the items now?

No, he didn't drop the chargeback but the other 6 cases remaining that were still classified as items not received, he changed them to item not as described. Our account still sits at -$74,000 and that doesn't include the $9,500 because that was the one and only case we won.

We have 11 cases with him in total. Originally, (3) item not as described (8) item not received. Current state of (11) cases (3) returned different items from a different State then received in poor/damaged condition....but not even the right items (1) buyer lost one item not received and filed a charge back (1) buyer lost one item not received appealed and then won and now we are trying to appeal (from same shipment as lost case)(6)item not as described converted from not received. Total value $84,000+

PayPal collections is after us for $34,000 now that they refunded $7,000 on one invoice item not receive....though now changed tune but we already lost this one and the three returns of wrong/bad items that we filed police report on. The negative balance is $74,000 but I guess they already gave the crook $34,000 and the rest is under review.

I see nothing on internet or forums regarding these sums of money. I can't file small claims because only one of 11 cases (by one fraudulent buyer) is less then $5,000.

Have you requested that the debt collectors prove you owe this debt? In order to collect on a debt the collection agency must be able to prove you owe the money. If you provided the service/product and can prove it they are not able to collect on your debt.

It is called Fair Debt Collection Practices Act [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fair_Debt_Collection_Practices_Act]Fair Debt Collection Practices Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/url]

You have a right to dispute the debt; Notify the consumer of their right to dispute the debt (Section 805), in part or in full, with the debt collector. The 30-day "1692g" notice is required to be sent by debt collectors within five days of the initial communication with the consumer, though in 2006 the definition of "initial communication" was amended to exclude "a formal pleading in a civil action" for purposes of triggering the 1692g notice,[24] complicating the matter where the debt collector is an attorney or law firm. The consumer's receipt of this notice starts the clock running on the 30-day right to demand verification of the debt from the debt collector.[13]

That's crazy! Get yourself a great attorney because you'll need it to get the 34k back. Unbelievable! You would think they would have a better system for such large ticket items.

We lost our appeal on the 3 returns where he returned the wrong product. Guess they agreed with him because he said he received the wrong products........PayPal didn't care or conveniently ignored the fact that he returned products from MN when they were shipped to NJ. Looks like they are going to let him return more goods and they will end up saying we owe them $74,000. Don't know if they will try to pursue a judgement against us? We meet our attorney again tomorrow.

Well, PayPal let him return more sh** and giving more refunds. The buyer tried to pull the "counterfeit" card too but just another lie which we proved. The one and only case we won $9,500 item not received he filed the chargeback and lost but now filed a counterclaim with the cc company. He did three more chargebacks too. So far having an attorney has not helped us much, as far as PayPal is concerned they just keep going.

I did just file a complaint with Ca BBB but I don't expect them to pay off the negative -$74,000 balance because that is Executive Escalations and we can now only communicate with legal but so far no response from them other then to keep giving refunds.

Maybe contacting the Attorney General in Florida will help because of that 2006 Assurance of Voluntary Compliance they reached when they paid out $1,700,000 to 28 states that took this action against them.