Thread: 45 day dispute limit doesn't work for international orders

Default 45 day dispute limit doesn't work for international orders

Bought an item from Hong Kong...arrived 16 days later - faulty Sent item back for replacement.....14 days Waited 20 days for replacement that though promised, never showed up.
    Complained to Paypal....won't even entertain complaint as the purchase is more than 45 days ago - how am I supposed to help that with the post taking so long HK to UK?

Quote Originally Posted by Soccamama View Post
    Bought an item from Hong Kong...arrived 16 days later - faulty Sent item back for replacement.....14 days Waited 20 days for replacement that though promised, never showed up.
    Complained to Paypal....won't even entertain complaint as the purchase is more than 45 days ago - how am I supposed to help that with the post taking so long HK to UK?
    no it doesn't and don't the scammers know it. I don't buy or sell anything internationally when using paypal, it is just too risky and Paypal is all ready risky business. And trying to return s faulty item to china is not even worth it with shipping costs. Stay local/in your country and you will find many more honest buyers and sellers.

while I mostly sell on ebay I do buy things from time to time. I had what I thought was a seller in the UK sell me a disk drive for my mac and it turned out it was being shipped from China and not the UK. The seller insisted it would get to me and keep stalling me with filing a dispute, eventually after it had still not arrived he promised me a refund and this went back and forth for a week or so with him promising the refund and me not getting the refund. realizing I was never going to get my refund or disk drive I tried to file a complaint with paypal who said it was passed 45 days and nothing they could do to help me.