Thread: Paypal here nightmare

Default Paypal here nightmare

Signed up for Paypal Here with my tax ID (do not have a ssn and am not entitled to one, still I am a legal resident of this great country), from then on, **bleep** broke luce.

Account got limited; got in touch with paypal here CS, I was told the compliance department needed to remove the tax ID information and add it to the right gap. Since nothing was happening, got in touch with CS and this time around I was yelled at and arrogantly told I must provide a SSN even though I don't have one.

Sent a bunch of e-mails to compliance. I woke up this morning with an apology and my account was no longer limited. I even had a welcome e-mail to Paypal Here. Downloaded the app, requested the card reader and 3 hours later, got an e-mail stating they couldn't verify my identity and therefore was getting my account limited again and excluded from Paypal Here again.

Called CS and got told I must supply a SSN, which I don't have. Paypal CS' is awful. Unprofessional, foreign unfriendly and xenophobic. Some of these people had no clue of what a tax id was...

All of this goes against their own signature:

Notice: The Federal Equal Credit Opportunity Act prohibits companies like PayPal from discriminating against applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, **bleep**, marital status, age (provided the applicant has the capacity to enter into a binding contract); because all or part of the applicant's income derives from any public assistance program; or because the applicant has in good faith exercised any right under the Consumer Credit Protection Act. The federal agency that administers compliance with this law concerning PayPal is the Federal Trade Commission, Western Region, 901 Market Street, Suite 570, San Francisco, CA 94103.

Quote Originally Posted by NOSSN View Post
    Signed up for Paypal Here with my tax ID (do not have a ssn and am not entitled to one, still I am a legal resident of this great country), from then on, **bleep** broke luce.

Account got limited; got in touch with paypal here CS, I was told the compliance department needed to remove the tax ID information and add it to the right gap. Since nothing was happening, got in touch with CS and this time around I was yelled at and arrogantly told I must provide a SSN even though I don't have one.

Sent a bunch of e-mails to compliance. I woke up this morning with an apology and my account was no longer limited. I even had a welcome e-mail to Paypal Here. Downloaded the app, requested the card reader and 3 hours later, got an e-mail stating they couldn't verify my identity and therefore was getting my account limited again and excluded from Paypal Here again.

Called CS and got told I must supply a SSN, which I don't have. Paypal CS' is awful. Unprofessional, foreign unfriendly and xenophobic. Some of these people had no clue of what a tax id was...

All of this goes against their own signature:

Notice: The Federal Equal Credit Opportunity Act prohibits companies like PayPal from discriminating against applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, **bleep**, marital status, age (provided the applicant has the capacity to enter into a binding contract); because all or part of the applicant's income derives from any public assistance program; or because the applicant has in good faith exercised any right under the Consumer Credit Protection Act. The federal agency that administers compliance with this law concerning PayPal is the Federal Trade Commission, Western Region, 901 Market Street, Suite 570, San Francisco, CA 94103.
    Paypal here is just a big joke, tried to sign up for it and was asked to send in a bunch of information I wasn't really comfortable paypal having their hands on. Sent it in and was later asked to resend it since it was never received. I know I sent it in so they lost it and who knows who had my private info in their hands now. The little card reader thing never worked, called about that and was told I had to send in MORE information. No!!! I want a working card reader!! Couldn't get anywhere with customer service. Gave up and never used paypal here.

yeah paypal customer service is a nightmare. its amazing how you can be on the phone for an hour and get nothing accomplished. they just really suck. wish there was a another way of doing business besides paypal.

I got my funds held for over 30 days because the little card reader device (really cheesy btw) wasn't working so I keyed in my transaction on my phone instead. I called and complained and they said it was my fault for not using the card reader. I said it was their fault for making a defective card reader and it was downhill from there. So fed up with them

Im pretty fed up with them as well. Anytime i call to get ANY kind of help everyone is so rude and not helpful at all. It just really pisses me off that a company with that much money cant do business the right way and a small business like mine will always do the right thing.

paypal here, paypal, billmelater, ebay and all other little spin offs they have are nothing but a joke, cruel, sad joke ruining peoples lives.

That little piece if crap swiper device that comes with paypal here is the cheesiest thing I have ever seen. never worked for me. they sent me a second one that also didn't work and then they tried to blame my phone who as per their site is a compatible model. They never take responsibility for the mistakes they make. always passes the blame on to their users.