Signed up for Paypal Here with my tax ID (do not have a ssn and am not entitled to one, still I am a legal resident of this great country), from then on, **bleep** broke luce.

Account got limited; got in touch with paypal here CS, I was told the compliance department needed to remove the tax ID information and add it to the right gap. Since nothing was happening, got in touch with CS and this time around I was yelled at and arrogantly told I must provide a SSN even though I don't have one.

Sent a bunch of e-mails to compliance. I woke up this morning with an apology and my account was no longer limited. I even had a welcome e-mail to Paypal Here. Downloaded the app, requested the card reader and 3 hours later, got an e-mail stating they couldn't verify my identity and therefore was getting my account limited again and excluded from Paypal Here again.

Called CS and got told I must supply a SSN, which I don't have. Paypal CS' is awful. Unprofessional, foreign unfriendly and xenophobic. Some of these people had no clue of what a tax id was...

All of this goes against their own signature:

Notice: The Federal Equal Credit Opportunity Act prohibits companies like PayPal from discriminating against applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, **bleep**, marital status, age (provided the applicant has the capacity to enter into a binding contract); because all or part of the applicant's income derives from any public assistance program; or because the applicant has in good faith exercised any right under the Consumer Credit Protection Act. The federal agency that administers compliance with this law concerning PayPal is the Federal Trade Commission, Western Region, 901 Market Street, Suite 570, San Francisco, CA 94103.