Thread: Paypal and ebay screw all of us with their fees

Exclamation Paypal and ebay screw all of us with their fees

Ebay owns paypal right, so it's pretty messed up that when you sell a item for 100 ebay takes like 10% now and then paypal they take 3% but your getting hit for 3% on the 100.. But ebay is taking 10 for fees so steal extra money from you. I should be docked the fees at the start. Then paypal charges me 3% on the 90 I'm actually getting. If people sell like 20bil worth of stuff on ebay then we are basically getting ripped off 60 million dollars because of this hidden loophole of them charging us a paypal fee THEN charging us the ebay fee later.

Oh my goodness I didn't even realize it was that much!!! I've look into a merchant account and way cheaper than that! I'm just goint to sign up with merchantinc and have paypal out of my life for once and for ALL!!!!! That's insane I can't believe it. Thank you for the post.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottiSeller View Post
    Ebay owns paypal right, so it's pretty messed up that when you sell a item for 100 ebay takes like 10% now and then paypal they take 3% but your getting hit for 3% on the 100.. But ebay is taking 10 for fees so steal extra money from you. I should be docked the fees at the start. Then paypal charges me 3% on the 90 I'm actually getting. If people sell like 20bil worth of stuff on ebay then we are basically getting ripped off 60 million dollars because of this hidden loophole of them charging us a paypal fee THEN charging us the ebay fee later.
    It sure adds up and it adds up to profit to Paypal and ebay. This is what happens when large corporations are allowed to operate unregulated.

just like it adds up with all funds paypal has on hold at any given time that they earn interest on. Disgusting business practices.

If you don't like the paypal/ebay fees be SURE to stay away from Bill Me Later and the credit card offered by Paypal. That will send your finances right in to disrepair. I still don't get why so many people are putting up with getting had by Paypal. You don't have to. Paypal is not the only company that processes payments, the worst yes but not the only one.

Yeah the more money they have in their bank account the more investors will want them to grow. IF you haven't gotten the memo yet.... stop using PAYPAL!

ebay takes 10% paypal takes 3%. that is a lot of % before I ever see nay of my money or the little that is left of my money. Then Paypal holds my money for 21 days so I pay out of pocket for shipping. Doesn't sound like a very good deal to me.