Thread: Class Action in Canada

Default Class Action in Canada

Can anyone suggest how I could start a class action against PayPal in Canada?

There are many reasons.

A few I can think of, please add more.

-when you fund travel from a PayPal balance there is no protection. They don't ever explain this at the time of purchase.

-constantly changing funding source back to bank account without your permission. Causing bank fees.

John

Quote Originally Posted by JohnWLMT View Post

There are many reasons.

-when you fund travel from a PayPal balance there is no protection. They don't ever explain this at the time of purchase.

-constantly changing funding source back to bank account without your permission. Causing bank fees.

John
    I am in the US but have the exact same problem with the funding source being changed to the bank account despite me selecting my credit card. I am sure paypal does it so they don't have to pay credit card processing fees.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnWLMT View Post

There are many reasons.

John
    The problem with class action lawsuits is that he only one making any money are the lawyers. Plus now paypal has this thing in their user agreement that you aren't allowed to file/join a class action suit against them unless you opted out by sending an actual picere in the mail to them regarding this. I would love nothing more to see Paypal Pay out what everyone is owed.

Contact a local business attorney in your area and create a petition that people can sign up on. Advertise the petition so people know it exists. Good luck!

be sure to read over the user agreement top to bottom before you go filing any lawsuits because paypal pretty much cover their ass with that user agreement. No one is forced to use paypal but by signing up you agree to the their rules as shitty as they are.