Thread: Would I have a case in court for this?

Default Would I have a case in court for this?

Before I begin, two quick notes:
    1. I know NOTHING about law or court or anything like that,
    2. I'm based in the UK, which has a different system than USA.

Alright, so I've been disputing a chargeback with PayPal for about 4 months. The full details are [URL="http://www.paypalsucks.com/newforums/our-uk-paypal-forum-account-closures-chargebacks-held-funds/156590-chargeback-dispute-1610-39-a.html"]here[/URL], but to sum it up: A user donated to my gaming services, and the payments were later charged back. PayPal closed and then re-opened the cases, but unfortunately I don't have any evidence that they did this and they are of course denying it.

The total amount is 1610 GBP, including PayPal's chargeback fees.

Would I be able to take them to small claims court over this? I've clearly been scammed.

Also, if I were to take them to court, would I be able to claim compensation for:
    - Wasting my time
    - Discrimination (I've got a mental condition which prevents me from using the phone, but they keep demanding I call them despite me stating this)
    - Huge amounts of stress
    - Harassment
    - Potentially bad credit rating?

I read that it's quite likely that PayPal wouldn't turn up, but if they did, what are my odds of winning? What would happen if I lost?

Finally, my friend is in the same situation, from the same buyer. Would we be better doing two separate cases, or a joint case? He lives in the UK too, but about 3 hours drive north of me.

Today they called me, despite knowing about my mental illness, on my landline.

Someone else in the house (who suffers from high levels of stress and I'd specifically not told them about this issue for that exact reason) answered the phone and got the message.

PayPal didn't have this number on file. I never gave that number, for this exact reason, so I don't know how they got it. Would this alone stand up in court for both harassment, as well as discriminating against my mental illness? I've got plenty of evidence that I've informed them of it - we're talking me stating it in 30+ emails, because I wrote it in every email.

Quote Originally Posted by Flenix View Post
    Today they called me, despite knowing about my mental illness, on my landline.

Someone else in the house (who suffers from high levels of stress and I'd specifically not told them about this issue for that exact reason) answered the phone and got the message.

PayPal didn't have this number on file. I never gave that number, for this exact reason, so I don't know how they got it. Would this alone stand up in court for both harassment, as well as discriminating against my mental illness? I've got plenty of evidence that I've informed them of it - we're talking me stating it in 30+ emails, because I wrote it in every email.
    I do not mean no be rude or harsh but if you can't handle a phone call from paypal due to mental illness perhaps you should not have gotten a paypal account if you were not mentally able to handle it.

Chargebacks are unfortunately a part of accepting payments/donations online. Buyers have the right to file a chargeback (and many scammers abuse this) if what they paid for was not received. Before you go and file any lawsuits you need to read over the PayPal user agreement very carefully. They have pretty much covered their big greedy ass from any lawsuits with that user agreement that you agreed to when you signed up for the Paypal account. I wish you all the best with trying to recover your money.