Thread: Any suggestions welcome

Default Any suggestions welcome

I have been trading on ebay for some years, usually as a buyer.

Some while ago I started buying mobile phones and bought from many sellers on ebay. Unfortunately on a number of occasions I was cheated either by phoney supply or no supply at all. In total over the period I lost over 3000.

I always paid by paypal and as I was somewhat lax when dealing with sellers I never took good note of their address. So when I got caught I approached paypal at ebay's suggestion to obtain exact name and address of sellers sop I could mount a small claims court action aginst them.

Paypal refused to give me this information. I took them to Court. They sent in their lawyers and bottom line, after a number of hearings and at great personal cost to me, it was claimed by Paypal that I had to take them to court in Luxembourg where their company is registered.

How absurd! So I had no option but to withdraw the claim and now am out of pocket by over 3000 and about 6 unscrupluous sellers have got away scott free

did you ever try filing a chargeback with any of these sellers? In some instances you can wait up to a year and a half and still win your case when you file a charge back.

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Distracted114 View Post
    did you ever try filing a chargeback with any of these sellers? In some instances you can wait up to a year and a half and still win your case when you file a charge back.
    It is too late for that action to be considered. All I asked Paypal was to release the name and address of the seller so I could take action via Moneyclaim in the Small Claims Court. They refused to co-operate which resulted in me taking them to Court (at great expense) and their lawyers claiming they are not bound by UK law but any action I wish to bring will hev to be via couirt in Luxembourg where their company is registered.

Quote Originally Posted by Havenpoint View Post
    It is too late for that action to be considered. All I asked Paypal was to release the name and address of the seller so I could take action via Moneyclaim in the Small Claims Court. They refused to co-operate which resulted in me taking them to Court (at great expense) and their lawyers claiming they are not bound by UK law but any action I wish to bring will hev to be via couirt in Luxembourg where their company is registered.
    Damn, I don't really know what you can do at this point then. Try to see if you can find a lawyer willing to work this pro-bono for some publicity and contact all media outlets you can thing of. PayPal is clearly trying to intimidate you and it would be a shame if it worked. I hate Paypal, hate them.

Yep, pretty typical of Paypal. When you (seller or buyer) need them the most they are never willing to help. I know people that have 100% positive feedback and still get screwed. I can't believe they even showed up for what seems like pocket change for a billion dollar company..

That's horrible man! I'm sorry to hear that. How does Paypal get away with such crimes???? When is something going to happen with this company? Like seriously when is the government going to get involved or VIsa/Mastercard copies going to say ok i don't agree with this and we'd rather not do business. It violates our regulations?????

I just started using paypal and im getting really nervous about my future with them after reading all of these posts. I did notice the poor customer service right off the bat. I can't afford to have my money taken.